Car-Net iPhone app suddenly no longer works

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zews

Since last night I have been getting this when I login to the Car-Net app on my iPhone. Any ideas anyone?

IMG_1479.png

Not resolved as of noon PT 5/24/2016.

If I log into the Web View of the CarNet service (carnet.vw.com) I receive:

"To access these services, you need to have an active subscription. Please park your car in a safe location and press the "i-Button" from your vehicle or call 1-877-820-2290"

I don't think my activation has expired, but maybe things went poof on their end and I need to re-register. I will try that later.

Edit: Subscription has ended, need to renew to get the features back.

There was a "back end update" on the Car Net site this weekend. You're not alone.
The app was hosed for about 24 hours. I did need to press the "I" bottom and chat with their rep to "reactivate". Then wait for 24 hours, my app is back.

I accessed CarNet just now and it seems to be working fine without having to contact tech support or deleting/reinstalling the app. It might be due to the fact that I didn't try to access it during the outage.

I accessed Carnet while charging my car on Friday, that was when the software went bad. Saturday, it was pretty much non op, I couldn't see the miles left on the battery range. By Monday, it was acting a little bit better. By Tuesday, it was working fine. I didn't have to access Carnet at all.

Sometimes they update the software. What is poor is that they give no advance notice that the system will be down for end users. Unacceptable.

Back