new carnet web site...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me, or the new website does NOT show the current battery percentage anywhere?

I finally got around to looking at the new site today. It's, um, different. All the functions are there, but now completely rearranged, and not very logically. However, the only thing I noticed that was actually broken was the Trip Consumption graph. It does not redraw from miles per trip to mi/kWh per trip as I would expect. The units change, but the curve is exactly the same. And by the way, kWh for the vertical axis on a consumption graph makes no sense. One more thing, just like in the iOS app, it has a strange sense of what is today and what is yesterday. It is calculating those from another time zone, maybe GMT, maybe EDT. Who knows...

Well they updated the IOS app yesterday. You have to sign back in, which means write down your account number before installing the update. (they also do two factor authorization, you give acct and PIN, they then text you the authorization code so make sure the "official" phone for the account is handy).

Not much UI difference. Some status updates seem faster (charge status), others are the old send the request sea mail, get the traditional return to sender notice (the "operation declined" message) sometime in the next ice age.

I don't use delayed charge, we don't have time-of-day rates here, so I have no idea if they fixed it. I haven't tried to start the climate control, either by departure timer, or just a remote start.

In terms of feature changes, they didn't do the ones I wished for, in particular, lock doors over the phone, and unlock charger plug via phone.

The consumption displays only give you Miles/kwh, and you get a per "trip" or "extended time" only. What I would like to see is how many kwh (total) did I use on a given trip, and especially per charge. (and while wanting ponies, how about comparable stats on charging - charge rate, total kwh used, and what percentage of full charge that represented.) Of course some of that info should be available under the "car" button on the display, I shouldn't have to use a phone...

the Android app now works with my HTC one m8. don't need to use old phone. :D

aside from that, everything else is nite & day difference all around, way better. UI is way sharper. status updates, driving data fetch, almost instantaneous. bravo!

unfunfortunately, departure time changes still takes about a minute. guess you can't have it all.

The update notice does say that you can now lock car doors with the iPhone app, but only with the 2016 model e-Golf. On one hand, it is nice to see they are reading the app reviews and responding (the car lock function is mentioned a lot). On the other hand, though, it really shows their old school thinking in that you bought a 2015 model with certain features and that is what you will have until you sell it. If it was a Tesla, an overnight update would have added that feature.

bobk2824 said:
The update notice does say that you can now lock car doors with the iPhone app, but only with the 2016 model e-Golf. On one hand, it is nice to see they are reading the app reviews and responding (the car lock function is mentioned a lot). On the other hand, though, it really shows their old school thinking in that you bought a 2015 model with certain features and that is what you will have until you sell it. If it was a Tesla, an overnight update would have added that feature.

Not understanding the difference at all. As always early adopters get stuck - between the lack of door locking and CarPlay.

Hoping I find responsiveness better but the aesthetics of the new app are much worse. Graphics and interface look about 10 years old / and like a 10 year old drag and dropped images together.

Is it possible they will add the lock feature or is that technically impossible?

Is that only me having trouble to access Car Net website? It says this: Remote Control is temporarily unavailable for me for like several weeks now...

vetaldj said:
Is that only me having trouble to access Car Net website? It says this: Remote Control is temporarily unavailable for me for like several weeks now...

I got this over the weekend when I was trying to access a URL like: "https://carnet.vw.com/group/vwcwp/remote" rather than "https://carnet.vw.com/". In the former case, I was asked for user/pass but NOT a PIN and then got the "temporarily unavailable" message. When I went instead to the main page, I was asked for user/pass, then PIN and it all worked fine from there.

kirby said:
vetaldj said:

I got this over the weekend when I was trying to access a URL like: "https://carnet.vw.com/group/vwcwp/remote" rather than "https://carnet.vw.com/". In the former case, I was asked for user/pass but NOT a PIN and then got the "temporarily unavailable" message. When I went instead to the main page, I was asked for user/pass, then PIN and it all worked fine from there.

https://carnet.vw.com/ open it up and save it in your favorites.

I cannot find my trips listed on the car-net website anymore. The headings are now:

Status Remote Boundaries Speed Destinations Vehicle Health

I cannot find my trips and their consumption anywhere.

Matthew

MLS said:
I cannot find my trips listed on the car-net website anymore. The headings are now:

Status Remote Boundaries Speed Destinations Vehicle Health

I cannot find my trips and their consumption anywhere.

Matthew
Carnet has been down for 3 days.
Blame OnStar

Back