tire tools and 120 Volt charging cable storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyfchu

We just inherited an e-Golf from our son. Is there someplace to store the small black bag of tire tools (and pump) and the 120 Volt charger cable? He had just thrown them in the back. It seems like they should be secured somehow. Can someone post a picture? There is nothing in the manual since it shows a non-existent spare tire.

Thanks to all for this forum - you have already answered many questions we have.

When I picked up my eGolf from the dealer, the little black toolbag was jammed into the well on the right side. It doesn't really fit there and the top sticks out. The charger was just thrown in the back.

fyfchu said:
We just inherited an e-Golf from our son. Is there someplace to store the small black bag of tire tools (and pump) and the 120 Volt charger cable? He had just thrown them in the back. It seems like they should be secured somehow. Can someone post a picture? There is nothing in the manual since it shows a non-existent spare tire.

Thanks to all for this forum - you have already answered many questions we have.

The packing for that stuff is tight, you'll have to go down to a VW dealership to see on a new e-Golf, exactly how it all fits, and is packed in together. It does fit in to the right wheel well, behind the right rear tire, the bag stands up when tucked in there. It's a jigsaw puzzle to get it all back in there. So just go see a VW Dealership and ask them how it's done.

Here's where the tool kit goes, with the plastic trim piece set to the side so it's easier to see:
Nhj1BkI.jpg

Glad to help. I went ahead and made a video to show how it fits in: https://vid.me/SOu4

You got a cargo net in your 2016 SE? I'm jealous. (As long as you didn't pay extra for it)
I threw mine in the spare tire hole.

Back