Suggestions to VW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, but if you use D1, D2, or D3 and then use B - you have to undo the B first by putting it in D, and then you have to undo the D1...3 by holding it to the right. You have to do it in that order. If you try to take it out of D1...3 first, it doesn't work.

What I am suggesting it to have the shift back to D cancel all the levels of regen.

GPS time wrong on my new 2016 SEL, when I use the GPS time setting it sets the time one hour ahead of the actual time. I am in the Pacific time zone, the GPS detects I am in the Pacific time zone, it also notices that it is not daylight saving time, but it is still one hour ahead. I can change the time manually, but why doesn't this work?

EVchemist said:
GPS time wrong on my new 2016 SEL, when I use the GPS time setting it sets the time one hour ahead of the actual time. I am in the Pacific time zone, the GPS detects I am in the Pacific time zone, it also notices that it is not daylight saving time, but it is still one hour ahead. I can change the time manually, but why doesn't this work?

On my 2016 SE there is a checkbox to enable/disable daylight savings time. It was on the same page as choosing GPS time vs manual time. This did the trick for me.

Let me know if you need help finding it and I can post a photo.

I see the DST box, it is not selected (correct) when in manual setting time. When I change to GPS time setting, the clock advances one hour and the DST selection box is grayed out. There is a glitch somewhere that makes the system think I'm in MST instead of PST

EVchemist said:
I see the DST box, it is not selected (correct) when in manual setting time. When I change to GPS time setting, the clock advances one hour and the DST selection box is grayed out. There is a glitch somewhere that makes the system think I'm in MST instead of PST

Maybe turn off GPS time setting, then, altogether.

JoulesThief said:
EVchemist said:

That is what I did, so if I ever drive out of my time zone I'll have to adjust it. Funny quirk though.

EVchemist said:
JoulesThief said:
EVchemist said:

That is what I did, so if I ever drive out of my time zone I'll have to adjust it. Funny quirk though.
If you ever drive far enough east to get out of your time zone, let us know what route you took, and where you charged on the way, on that long distance trip through the desert.

JoulesThief said:
If you ever drive far enough east to get out of your time zone, let us know what route you took, and where you charged on the way, on that long distance trip through the desert.

Yeah there is kind of a barrier to EV's going across the desert. ;)

CA%2Bto%2BCO.jpg

SLC to SJ is a one tank trip in the VW Passat TDI. About $40 in diesel, one way, at today's diesel prices in SLC. I'd probably have to pay for 2 nights of lodging with all the level 2 recharge time taking the e-Golf from SJO to SLC.

i am really hoping that when VW comes out with the 2018 e-Golf with the 35.8 KWH battery, that all e-Golfs come with the CCS DC quick charge feature, and a charger pack on board that will allow 40 amps at 240V or 10 + kwh charger pack, vs the current 7.2 kwh.

Please VW, make this a reality. So sick of slow 3.0 to 3.6 kwh charger packs on board other brand hybrid or electric cars hogging all the public chargers in the rare event I need to get a recharge on a longer road trip.

I think it's much more important that they provide active cooling to the battery pack than to increase the amperage of the on-board charger above 30 amps.

BMW has an interesting cooling approach for the i3. They circulate the cold expanded refrigerant through the pack instead of using anti-freeze liquid cooling. However, I think this does not allow the direct heating of the battery pack during very cold weather.

Back