Car Net Health Status Report Way Way Behind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonDawg

I just got an email (timestamped about 90 minutes ago) from Car Net. It said my car is in good health and no faults were detected. Great. It says my next scheduled maintenance is 17,900 miles from now. My current mileage is 2,110.

(queue sound of needle being dragged across vinyl album)

Umm, no. As of a few minutes ago, my car's odometer reads 8766 miles, over 4 times as much as Car Net thinks it has. I'm thinking that my car is not accurately relaying my car's information to the mother server.

Then I look closer at the email: "based on the diagnostic check on 23/12/2015 03:42 PM"

Yes that's right. It last did a diagnostic check almost 10 months ago, and it's only now telling me about it.

Wow VW. Just wow.

I just got one today, for an odometer reading of 775 miles. (Car leased on March 2015). That complements one I received last month at an odometer reading of 1700 miles. It's going backwards for me.

--Carlos V.

I got one on Nov 21st and it was accurate.

When I went on the website 'Vehicle Health' was greyed out but i can see that's when it was transmitted.

Same thing for me. Why send a year-old vehicle health report??? Good job VW.

MLS said:
Same thing for me. Why send a year-old vehicle health report??? Good job VW.
That's Verizon, who VW sub contracts out, here in the USA.
Thank Verizon.

Same here. I first noticed it during Christmas, where it reported my e-Golf parked somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic. :lol:

There was some chatter a few months ago from the Europe users about Car-Net getting some type of system upgrade and losing driving data, among other things. Sounds like we're getting the same upgrade now.

Back