Android, car-net stopped working after update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else have the VW car-net app not working after the latest update I just wanted to see if I was the only one or if it was affecting others. It connects but shows no data and can use any features

Same here,
it updated at 4am tonight and it's now has 3 whole functions.
Start Charging
Start Climate
Change Departure time.

Yikes! I used to be able to see if my doors were locked, no more.
Note : The Web version still allows Lock and Unlock

forbin404 said:
Same here,
Start Charging
Start Climate
Change Departure time.

I'm jealous, all mine does is says is No Data Available, no matter what function I try. I found an old version of the app,but when I installed it just gave an error and brought me to the playstore to update. Anyone know of a place to get help other than giving the app a bad rating?

shawner123 said:
forbin404 said:
Same here,
Start Charging
Start Climate
Change Departure time.

I'm jealous, all mine does is says is No Data Available, no matter what function I try. I found an old version of the app,but when I installed it just gave an error and brought me to the playstore to update. Anyone know of a place to get help other than giving the app a bad rating?
Did you try going to the web version first? I think there is something you have to agree to on it.

forbin404 said:
shawner123 said:
forbin404 said:
Same here,
Start Charging
Start Climate
Change Departure time.

Did you try going to the web version first? I think there is something you have to agree to on it.

I can use the web version fine, I had already set up to use the old version of the app but since the update the app it no longer works. But the web version does, however obviously it's much more convenient to use the app

shawner123 said:
forbin404 said:
I can use the web version fine, I had already set up to use the old version of the app but since the update the app it no longer works. But the web version does, however obviously it's much more convenient to use the app

Give Verizon a few days to get it sorted out. That' s usually how long it takes for them to debug the app.

forbin404 said:
Same here,
Start Charging
Start Climate
Change Departure time.

I spoke with car-net and they claimed lock and unlock were premium features that should have ended after 3 months.

The nice lady said it was a "glitch" that we were able to do it until now (after the 3 month trial expired) and that it's also a glitch that the car-net website still allows the functionality to non-paid users.

:x

At least the update function which was on the door status page under remote was moved to the main page, so we can force updates more easily

They want $17.99/mo or $199.99 annually to re-enable this feature, BTW.

Verkehr said:
forbin404 said:
Same here,
Start Charging
Start Climate
Change Departure time.

I spoke with car-net and they claimed lock and unlock were premium features that should have ended after 3 months.

The nice lady said it was a "glitch" that we were able to do it until now (after the 3 month trial expired) and that it's also a glitch that the car-net website still allows the functionality to non-paid users.

:x

At least the update function which was on the door status page under remote was moved to the main page, so we can force updates more easily

They want $17.99/mo or $199.99 annually to re-enable this feature, BTW.

I am a subscriber to the service and the app is not working. It just says "no data available", even in the parts that are available to non subscribers

JoulesThief said:
shawner123 said:
forbin404 said:

Give Verizon a few days to get it sorted out. That' s usually how long it takes for them to debug the app.

I don't have Verizon, and either way it is VW that developes the app not a cell phone provider

shawner123 said:
I am a subscriber to the service and the app is not working. It just says "no data available", even in the parts that are available to non subscribers
Since the previous post, I've had the same problem as you describe. Trying to force start a charge fixes it for me, at least while plugged in.

Thankfully I don't let my phone do the updates automatically. From what I see here, I guess I need to avoid the update for now?

AD

95GLX said:
Thankfully I don't let my phone do the updates automatically. From what I see here, I guess I need to avoid the update for now?

AD

I would, sounds like some people are okay, but mine doesn't work at all now, it probably varies from phone to phone

I've gone into my Applications Manager, and removed my Car-Net application. It's absolutely of no value to me now, at all. The only feature I ever used on it was how much charging time until complete recharge was left. Even that didn't update for every 8 to 10 minutes. No worries, my Juice Net 40 Pro tells me where I am at, close enough.

shawner123 said:
JoulesThief said:

I don't have Verizon, and either way it is VW that developes the app not a cell phone provider
The car has a cell phone provider, and the app has a program in the car that provides data.
The Cellphone provider is Verizon, the company that developed the App appears to be a verizon sub.

forbin404 said:
shawner123 said:
JoulesThief said:

The car has a cell phone provider, and the app has a program in the car that provides data.
The Cellphone provider is Verizon, the company that developed the App appears to be a verizon sub.

I hope that helps fix it!

Has anyone had any luck finding an older version of the .apk file, then we could roll back to the previous version. The only one I've found did not work. Car-net of course has no clue about anything. I'm going to email screen shots to the developer which is: [email protected] I'd encourage others to do the same, maybe the more who report it the better chance they'll make an effort to fix it.

Argh Shawner, now I see what you mean, today (after 2 days) I logged in the app, and POOF, no cars found.

Ugh.

forbin404 said:
shawner123 said:
JoulesThief said:

They no longer support it:

"Sorry for inconvenience caused. I will send your request to customer support, as We no longer support this mobile application.

Thanks
Atul Suri

cid:[email protected]

Atul Suri "
Sr Mobile Manager
Verizon Telematics/Networkfleet

forbin404 said:
Argh Shawner, now I see what you mean, today (after 2 days) I logged in the app, and POOF, no cars found.

Ugh.

Yeah it really sucks, being able to preheat or cool my car was the best feature of the car.

I did get this response from the app developer, apparently they do not support it:

"Sorry for inconvenience caused. I will send your request to customer support, as We no longer support this mobile application.

Thanks
Atul Suri

Atul Suri
Sr Mobile Manager
Verizon Telematics/Networkfleet"

shawner123 said:
forbin404 said:

Ugh.

Yeah it really sucks, being able to preheat or cool my car was the best feature of the car.

I did get this response from the app developer, apparently they do not support it:

Thanks
Atul Suri

Atul Suri
Sr Mobile Manager
Verizon Telematics/Networkfleet"
Ouch! No more Android control of the car eh? That happened to me with my Fiat but that was because the provider (?) and the app maker changed and the old cars were left in the dust.

Back