95GLX

Re: Android, car-net stopped working after update

Thankfully I don't let my phone do the updates automatically. From what I see here, I guess I need to avoid the update for now?

AD
2015 e-Golf SEL (white)
2014 Routan (white)
2004 R32 HPA TT (blue)
2004 R32 Stock beater (red)
Clipper Creek 32A EVSE
shawner123

95GLX wrote:Thankfully I don't let my phone do the updates automatically. From what I see here, I guess I need to avoid the update for now?

AD
I would, sounds like some people are okay, but mine doesn't work at all now, it probably varies from phone to phone
JoulesThief

I've gone into my Applications Manager, and removed my Car-Net application. It's absolutely of no value to me now, at all. The only feature I ever used on it was how much charging time until complete recharge was left. Even that didn't update for every 8 to 10 minutes. No worries, my Juice Net 40 Pro tells me where I am at, close enough.
2015 e-Golf SEL
2015 Passat TDI SEL
2014 Touareg TDI LUX

Full spectrum VW owner, life is too short to wait to drive for a recharge.
forbin404

shawner123 wrote:
JoulesThief wrote:Give Verizon a few days to get it sorted out. That' s usually how long it takes for them to debug the app.
I don't have Verizon, and either way it is VW that developes the app not a cell phone provider
The car has a cell phone provider, and the app has a program in the car that provides data.
The Cellphone provider is Verizon, the company that developed the App appears to be a verizon sub.
2017 Kia Soul EV+

2016 e-Golf SE (Returned)
2015 Fiat 500e (Returned)
shawner123

forbin404 wrote:
shawner123 wrote:
JoulesThief wrote:Give Verizon a few days to get it sorted out. That' s usually how long it takes for them to debug the app.
I don't have Verizon, and either way it is VW that developes the app not a cell phone provider
The car has a cell phone provider, and the app has a program in the car that provides data.
The Cellphone provider is Verizon, the company that developed the App appears to be a verizon sub.
I hope that helps fix it!
Last edited by shawner123 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
shawner123

Has anyone had any luck finding an older version of the .apk file, then we could roll back to the previous version. The only one I've found did not work. Car-net of course has no clue about anything. I'm going to email screen shots to the developer which is: Atul.suri@verizon.Com I'd encourage others to do the same, maybe the more who report it the better chance they'll make an effort to fix it.
forbin404

Argh Shawner, now I see what you mean, today (after 2 days) I logged in the app, and POOF, no cars found.

Ugh.
2017 Kia Soul EV+

shawner123

forbin404 wrote:
shawner123 wrote:

They no longer support it:

"Sorry for inconvenience caused. I will send your request to customer support, as We no longer support this mobile application.

Thanks
Atul Suri

cid:image001.png@01D1E1CD.8B0D8780

Atul Suri "
Sr Mobile Manager
Verizon Telematics/Networkfleet
shawner123

forbin404 wrote:Argh Shawner, now I see what you mean, today (after 2 days) I logged in the app, and POOF, no cars found.

Ugh.
Yeah it really sucks, being able to preheat or cool my car was the best feature of the car.

I did get this response from the app developer, apparently they do not support it:

"Sorry for inconvenience caused. I will send your request to customer support, as We no longer support this mobile application.

Thanks
Atul Suri

Atul Suri
Sr Mobile Manager
Verizon Telematics/Networkfleet"
forbin404

shawner123 wrote:
forbin404 wrote:Argh Shawner, now I see what you mean, today (after 2 days) I logged in the app, and POOF, no cars found.

Ugh.
Yeah it really sucks, being able to preheat or cool my car was the best feature of the car.

I did get this response from the app developer, apparently they do not support it:

Thanks
Atul Suri

Atul Suri
Sr Mobile Manager
Verizon Telematics/Networkfleet"
Ouch! No more Android control of the car eh? That happened to me with my Fiat but that was because the provider (?) and the app maker changed and the old cars were left in the dust.
2017 Kia Soul EV+

Return to “Car-Net”