Old app will stop working in a month

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately for people who are just going to keep the old app, any previous versions other than the latest update will stop working in February:

"After February 4th, your current app will no longer communicate with your Volkswagen"

I highly encourage everyone to email the two following addresses with any complaints,.
[email protected] and [email protected]

There's already a thread on this: http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1043

I'm curious, but what does Verizon have to do with any complaints about being forced to use an updated app? They have nothing to do with the app itself, or the fact that features we were using for free with the old app will no longer be free with the new one. All they do is provide the communication link between your car and VW's servers. Everything else is up to VWoA.

RonDawg said:
There's already a thread on this: http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1043

I'm curious, but why do we need to email Verizon with our complaints about being forced to use an updated app? They have nothing to do with the app itself, or the fact that features we were using for free with the old app will no longer be free with the new one. All they do is provide the communication link between your car and VW's servers. Everything else is up to VWoA.

Because the new updated app has resulted in it no longer working for many many of us, myself and others can no longer use any features of the app, I can't view battery status, climate control, etc. So I'm paying for a car-net service that does not work anymore.

The verizon email address is the developer of the app, who has already responded saying they have forwarded my issue to customer service.

Reporting these issues is the only way it will get resolved, and the more who do, the better the chance that VW will actually fix it.

Sorry it's not working for you. It works fine for me so far, better than the old app. The only part I am unsure of is enabling remote climate control, but then again the old app didn't do well there either.

The only parts that definitely aren't working anymore are the parts that the app says I need to pay for, and I don't feel the need to enable those features especially for the exorbitant price that VW is asking.

I have the new app on my iPhone 4S. Remote climate control works just fine - I have used it two times with the new app and had a toasty car both times.

RonDawg said:
Sorry it's not working for you. It works fine for me so far, better than the old app. The only part I am unsure of is enabling remote climate control, but then again the old app didn't do well there either.

The only parts that definitely aren't working anymore are the parts that the app says I need to pay for, and I don't feel the need to enable those features especially for the exorbitant price that VW is asking.

Yeah it seems to work fine for some, not for others, I'm on Android, so basically I'm just trying to get everyone who it doesn't work for to report it so they can hopefully fix whatever the problem is.

Yeah it really stinks, being able to pre-heat and pre-cool the car were the best features! And not being able to check my charging level really is a pain. I originally meant to add this post to a current thread but I accidentally did it as a new post and couldn't figure out how to delete it, then figured I'd just leave it, it seems there are more and more people that are starting to have the same problem as the app updates.

shawner123 said:
Yeah it seems to work fine for some, not for others, I'm on Android, so basically I'm just trying to get everyone who it doesn't work for to report it so they can hopefully fix whatever the problem is.

Perhaps it's an Android-specific issue? I'm using it on an iPhone running iOS 10 (the latest) and the previous poster is using it with a 4S, which can only use up to iOS 9.3.5. Perhaps I should try using it on my Galaxy Tab running Android 5.0 to see if it happens there.

It looks to be Android specific, probably the team that worked on the Android version is less 'skillfull' then the IOS team.

And yes they are two different programming languages.

forbin404 said:
It looks to be Android specific, probably the team that worked on the Android version is less 'skillfull' then the IOS team.

And yes they are two different programming languages.

Probably, plus Android runs on a hundred different phones by different manufacturers with different hardware so I'm sure there's a lot more to QA test (or looks like not test in this case), which as we have seen in the news lately is not at the top of the list of VW priorities!!! Yikes. I hope they fix it, although it is funny how used to something that previously never existed that we now decide we can't live without (or at least me anyway). I mean how will we be able to continue as a species if I can't preheat my electric car!!?!?

Back