Illinois e-Golf owner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorin

Someone from IL? I had to buy this Golf used from out of state. No dealer seems to dare to sell this car.

Dorin said:
Someone from IL? I had to buy this Golf used from out of state. No dealer seems to dare to sell this car.

At present, that would indeed be the only way to get a one in IL, VW chose to only sell these in zero emission states, mine came from CT; I did check before buying it and my local VW dealer will indeed service it (all his service tech's are now certified); VW may expand sales with the new battery pack version, we'll wait and see --

http://www.autonews.com/article/20160627/OEM11/306279987/zev-mandates-get-harder-to-ignore

Some auto makers just sell their EV models as 'compliance' cars so they can continue to sell their ICE powered cars in those states which have mandates -- here is some more on why they sell these cars; Nissan, MBZ-smart and Tesla (some states still ban direct sales -- TX, CT, WV, UT, AZ and MI) chose to sell theirs nationally but EV choices for new ones are still quite limited in IL; you could also get a new Ford Focus EV here but very few Ford dealers offer them:

http://alternativefuels.about.com/o...at-The-Heck-Is-A-lsquoCompliance-Carrsquo.htm

As an IL e-Golf owner, welcome!! Hopefully you took advantage of the 'EL' EV plate program they have here -- $36 for a 2-year registration vs the regular $101/yr

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/vehicles/license_plate_guide/electric_vehicle.html

I took advantage of the EV plate (this was the only thing). I was curious about warranty. I hope that IL dealers will be able to provide warranty service for e-Golf.
Seems like IL is behind CA (the new way of clean driving).

I actually bought my car from an Illinois dealer, Fox Valley VW! It was Certified Pre-owned and previously registered in NJ but somehow they had it. I had it shipped to NC though. Hopefully the 2017.5/2018 VW e-Golf will be nationwide as anticipated. That will help get all service departments trained on the high voltage service. Also, in talking to VW Customer Care prior to the purchase they told me I should not need to worry about warranty or service repairs at any VW dealer even if not in one of the mandated states. They said they would service it any state. Some items may take longer but they would get it done and provide loaners if required. Unfortunately, 99% of loaners probably won't be electric. The dealer I have used here was very excited to see the car.

95GLX said:
I actually bought my car from an Illinois dealer, Fox Valley VW! It was Certified Pre-owned and previously registered in NJ but somehow they had it. I had it shipped to NC though. Hopefully the 2017.5/2018 VW e-Golf will be nationwide as anticipated. That will help get all service departments trained on the high voltage service. Also, in talking to VW Customer Care prior to the purchase they told me I should not need to worry about warranty or service repairs at any VW dealer even if not in one of the mandated states. They said they would service it any state. Some items may take longer but they would get it done and provide loaners if required. Unfortunately, 99% of loaners probably won't be electric. The dealer I have used here was very excited to see the car.
When did you purchased your car? A friend of mine is working over there and he didn't recomand me. Fox valley Schaumburg or West Chicago?

[/quote]
When did you purchased your car? A friend of mine is working over there and he didn't recomand me. Fox valley Schaumburg or West Chicago?[/quote]

January 3, 2017. Fox Valley in St. Charles, IL. I assume that is the West Chicago one? Your friend didn't recommend you?

Back