ckthorp
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:35 am

Re: Car-Net update on 6/2/17

My car "helpfully" told me the doors were unlocked 10 minutes in to my journey, while I was still driving.

It also messages me every couple days telling me there is a problem and to review the VHR ("My health report shows that I may need some attention. Check the latest VHR for more details."). Unfortunately, I have no way to review the VHR as I don't subscribe to the full car-net...

Anyone have a way to disable these "features"?
miimura
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:13 pm
Location: Los Altos, CA

Re: Car-Net update on 6/2/17

This is why I have avoided installing the new version of CarNet on my iPhone. The old version is working as expected.
2015 e-Golf LE (returned) | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 2012 RAV4 EV Shoreline w/JdeMO | Leviton EVB40 & Jesla Home Charging | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV + 2x Powerwall 2 AC
batmick1
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: Car-Net update on 6/2/17

ckthorp wrote:My car "helpfully" told me the doors were unlocked 10 minutes in to my journey, while I was still driving.

It also messages me every couple days telling me there is a problem and to review the VHR ("My health report shows that I may need some attention. Check the latest VHR for more details."). Unfortunately, I have no way to review the VHR as I don't subscribe to the full car-net...

Anyone have a way to disable these "features"?
I agree. The "my door is unlocked", "my doors are open" notifications that come with a delay of sometimes minutes are extremely annoying and useless. I wish they had provided an option to turn those off.

Other than a slightly cleaner look, this app update did not bring any improvements at all.
Spektre
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:14 am

Re: Car-Net update on 6/2/17

For me the app is no longer useable after the update. I tried uninstalling it, restarting phone, nothing. I'm in an endless 'add vehicle' loop, and I know it's not my info because it works on the website :x
Hers: 2021 Tesla X Long Range Plus
His: 2015 eGolf SEL Premium
Lucky kid: 2019 Mazda CX-9 Touring
forbin404
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Car-Net update on 6/2/17

Spektre wrote:For me the app is no longer useable after the update. I tried uninstalling it, restarting phone, nothing. I'm in an endless 'add vehicle' loop, and I know it's not my info because it works on the website :x
Android app works wonderful.

My vehicle shows my car and you click on it, (Not on the Add Vehicle link)
2017 Kia Soul EV+

2016 e-Golf SE (Returned)
2015 Fiat 500e (Returned)
jack8trades
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:49 am
Location: PNW, 2015 eGolf SEL

Re: Car-Net update on 6/2/17

ckthorp wrote:My car "helpfully" told me the doors were unlocked 10 minutes in to my journey, while I was still driving. ... Anyone have a way to disable these "features"?
On my LG V10 Android (6.0) phone, I can swipe down from the top of the screen to view the notifications, hold my finger on one of the carnet notifies, and an "i" button shows up on the right side, touch that and I can block notifications for the carnet app.

Alternatively, I can go to Settings/Sound & notifications/Apps, scroll to carnet, change the setting there.
PacBlue
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:05 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Car-Net update on 6/2/17

The new app version can also be funny as well ... when VW service was working on my car, I kept getting a notice that my windows were open and there was a moderate change for rain ! Using iOS on an older 5s iPhone the 'unlocked doors' notice actually gets sent pretty quickly but could be your local cell network lag -- Verizon is pretty robust here around Chicago -- I do wonder once the 'trial' goes away if the app gets any worse - all I want to keep working is the battery percent charge / timer, they can keep the rest. The graphics change is a bit better but the whole thing could use a better interface so you can easily shut off kind of meaningless 'alerts' when not really relevant (I would typically NOT lock the car in an enclosed garage).
2017 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 19" Sport Wheels, EAP
Red Multi-Coat
2015 VW e-Golf LE (CPO; traded-in at 11K miles)
Pacific Blue
2012 Nissan LEAF SL (traded-in at 5 yrs; 46K miles)
Cayenne Red
EVSE: 10/07/11 Schneider EVlink
JoulesThief
Posts: 2576
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm

Re: Car-Net update on 6/2/17

PacBlue wrote:The new app version can also be funny as well ... when VW service was working on my car, I kept getting a notice that my windows were open and there was a moderate change for rain ! Using iOS on an older 5s iPhone the 'unlocked doors' notice actually gets sent pretty quickly but could be your local cell network lag -- Verizon is pretty robust here around Chicago -- I do wonder once the 'trial' goes away if the app gets any worse - all I want to keep working is the battery percent charge / timer, they can keep the rest. The graphics change is a bit better but the whole thing could use a better interface so you can easily shut off kind of meaningless 'alerts' when not really relevant (I would typically NOT lock the car in an enclosed garage).
You do want to lock the doors, even in an enclosed garage, to shut off all the peripheral electronics in your car. When your car door is unlocked, the car is semi "awake" and has phantom loads on the battery. Lock the doors to prevent that. German cars have been like that forever, so you need to get used to it.
2015 e-Golf SEL
2015 Passat TDI SEL
2014 Touareg TDI LUX

Full spectrum VW owner, life is too short to wait to drive for a recharge.
PacBlue
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:05 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Car-Net update on 6/2/17

JoulesThief wrote:
PacBlue wrote:The new app version can also be funny as well ... when VW service was working on my car, I kept getting a notice that my windows were open and there was a moderate change for rain ! Using iOS on an older 5s iPhone the 'unlocked doors' notice actually gets sent pretty quickly but could be your local cell network lag -- Verizon is pretty robust here around Chicago -- I do wonder once the 'trial' goes away if the app gets any worse - all I want to keep working is the battery percent charge / timer, they can keep the rest. The graphics change is a bit better but the whole thing could use a better interface so you can easily shut off kind of meaningless 'alerts' when not really relevant (I would typically NOT lock the car in an enclosed garage).
You do want to lock the doors, even in an enclosed garage, to shut off all the peripheral electronics in your car. When your car door is unlocked, the car is semi "awake" and has phantom loads on the battery. Lock the doors to prevent that. German cars have been like that forever, so you need to get used to it.
Not sure what else might be running but I do lock the doors when I'm charging it overnight as its easier to take the charging nozzle out; leaving it unlocked seems to confuse the whole locked charged nozzle set up that VW insisted on using. As another aside, my 'trial' for Car-net (put in quotes because its like the 3rd time due to buying it used and needing to reset the app a few times with their support people) and other than reinstalling it on my iPhone the EV specific functions that they said should continue to work are indeed working (we partial charge during the week and full charge on weekends as we do lots of errands); the car continues to perform quite well; scored a 6.5 miles/kWh on a recent trip using the B-mode, love the level of regen in stop and go travel and the ease of just about one pedal driving.
2017 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 19" Sport Wheels, EAP
Red Multi-Coat
2015 VW e-Golf LE (CPO; traded-in at 11K miles)
Pacific Blue
2012 Nissan LEAF SL (traded-in at 5 yrs; 46K miles)
Cayenne Red
EVSE: 10/07/11 Schneider EVlink
forbin404
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Car-Net update on 6/2/17

PacBlue wrote:
JoulesThief wrote:
PacBlue wrote:The new app version can also be funny as well ... when VW service was working on my car, I kept getting a notice that my windows were open and there was a moderate change for rain ! Using iOS on an older 5s iPhone the 'unlocked doors' notice actually gets sent pretty quickly but could be your local cell network lag -- Verizon is pretty robust here around Chicago -- I do wonder once the 'trial' goes away if the app gets any worse - all I want to keep working is the battery percent charge / timer, they can keep the rest. The graphics change is a bit better but the whole thing could use a better interface so you can easily shut off kind of meaningless 'alerts' when not really relevant (I would typically NOT lock the car in an enclosed garage).
You do want to lock the doors, even in an enclosed garage, to shut off all the peripheral electronics in your car. When your car door is unlocked, the car is semi "awake" and has phantom loads on the battery. Lock the doors to prevent that. German cars have been like that forever, so you need to get used to it.
Not sure what else might be running but I do lock the doors when I'm charging it overnight as its easier to take the charging nozzle out; leaving it unlocked seems to confuse the whole locked charged nozzle set up that VW insisted on using. As another aside, my 'trial' for Car-net (put in quotes because its like the 3rd time due to buying it used and needing to reset the app a few times with their support people) and other than reinstalling it on my iPhone the EV specific functions that they said should continue to work are indeed working (we partial charge during the week and full charge on weekends as we do lots of errands); the car continues to perform quite well; scored a 6.5 miles/kWh on a recent trip using the B-mode, love the level of regen in stop and go travel and the ease of just about one pedal driving.
Wow nice! 6.5, I only get 4.7 as my daily driver (mostly freeway)
2017 Kia Soul EV+

2016 e-Golf SE (Returned)
2015 Fiat 500e (Returned)

Return to “Car-Net”