Car-Net Or Third Party Charging App For Canada ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

Not sure if anyone can help with this but i want to be able to see how long my car has to charge ( monitor on phone ) and would like to be able to do climate control and all the other apps like car-net but unfortunately in Canada car-net does not actually work . I tried going into the US apps store and still wouldnt work because it saw my vin was for a canadian car. Does anyone know any tricks to get it to work ? or a third party charging app that works and is reliable?

Cheers,

The canadian cars don't have the communication module required for CarNet to work. VW Canada doesn't offer it on any of their cars while VW America does, across all models.

of course they don't ..... great.... does anyone know if this is retrofitable ? or has anyone been able to install anything that can give access to this ? maybe a OBD dongle but i don't know how that would work . . .

my Flo charger does not show how much longer it will take but it gives me emails on plug in end of and session summary - emails sent upon connection and unplugging

miimura said:
The canadian cars don't have the communication module required for CarNet to work. VW Canada doesn't offer it on any of their cars while VW America does, across all models.
BTW this is not limited to VW, Kia and Honda have the same problem in Canada

The only thing i could think of is getting a juice box charger, from what i have seen it does display how many miles are on the car. You are also supposed to be able to start and stop the charge on the car. You wont be able to control climate but you can set timers on this device.This will only work on your juice box (home)charger unfortunately.

"Smartphone Control: Control time of charge, max. charge rate, and monitor instantaneous power, amperage and more.

Notifications: Set up automatic notifications, e.g. start and end of charge, unit offline, unit back online, full charge by certain time."

Back