2017 eGolf in the Midwest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brick

Hello,
I am having a hard time finding out when the e-Golf will be available in the Midwest. I live in Wisconsin. I've contacted four dealers within the state, but none have a clue. Three dealerships now have the e-Golf info on their website (this is a recent development and promising). Anyone know when this will be showing up in the home of the luddites?
Thanks.

ps. first time posting - great discussion forum, greatly appreciated.

brick said:
Hello,
I am having a hard time finding out when the e-Golf will be available in the Midwest. I live in Wisconsin. I've contacted four dealers within the state, but none have a clue. Three dealerships now have the e-Golf info on their website (this is a recent development and promising). Anyone know when this will be showing up in the home of the luddites?
Thanks.

Unlikely, if ever. Maybe when VW goes mainstream with electric cars in 2020. In the mean time, they are sold in states with highly dense, massive urban city populations, with high pollution problems, or CARB or EPA pollution standard mandated states. I think there's 10 states it's sold in.

VW has officially announce the 2017 will be available nationwide. So I hope it's NOT 2020 : (
http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswagen-news/e-golf-will-be-sold-nationwide/

JoulesThief said:
brick said:
Hello,
Thanks.

Unlikely, if ever. Maybe when VW goes mainstream with electric cars in 2020. In the mean time, they are sold in states with highly dense, massive urban city populations, with high pollution problems, or CARB or EPA pollution standard mandated states. I think there's 10 states it's sold in.

brick said:
VW has officially announce the 2017 will be available nationwide. So I hope it's NOT 2020 : (

Believe it when you see them on dealer show floors, and not a moment sooner. Too many years with VW promises here, as a loyal VW owner.

Your only option is to go out of state where they are sold, buy one outright, no finance, no lease, paid in full, and then you can own one in your state. Have it trucked in.

JoulesThief said:
brick said:

Believe it when you see them on dealer show floors, and not a moment sooner. Too many years with VW promises here, as a loyal VW owner.

Your only option is to go out of state where they are sold, buy one outright, no finance, no lease, paid in full, and then you can own one in your state. Have it trucked in.

You can however typically get an e-Golf serviced at your local VW dealer as many have sent their service tech's to get certified on the routine work -- always check with whoever you use locally (as I did) before I bought my 'slightly' used one which was simply a great car at a 50% discount off new. The only issue you'll run in to is both parts and if the car requires something significant (both would need to be ordered, etc.) -- what's funny though, is most VW dealers are a bit leery of them so I had to buy mine from a Carmax and have it shipped in as mentioned above. It's too bad that it doesn't have the range yet to simply fly out and drive it home like many people can do with Tesla's -- perhaps with the next gen of VW EV's

I am waffling on the E-golf due to the potential lack of support from my local dealership. A phone call to them, left me feeling like they'd be lackluster in servicing it. Off topic, I wonder if the same would be true for a Toyota RAV4 EV???
Thanks to you who replied and provide more info.

brick said:
I am waffling on the E-golf due to the potential lack of support from my local dealership. A phone call to them, left me feeling like they'd be lackluster in servicing it. Off topic, I wonder if the same would be true for a Toyota RAV4 EV???
Thanks to you who replied and provide more info.

There's hardly anything to service on an e-Golf, if you take care of it and don't abuse it.

I happen to have a 2017 e-Golf SEL Premium listed for sale right now in Ohio (near Cleveland). Car has less than 1,000mi on it. Depending on where you are in WI, it would be possible to drive it to you from here with an overnight stop at a hotel that has charging (that's how I got the car here from outside of DC).

Long story short - I didn't properly communicate the cost of the car to my wife. She'd rather use the $$ tied up in the car on travel and home improvements. And so I am now trying to sell it.

Please click the "contact seller" in the autotrader ad to get in touch.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...s=[]&listingId=476618455&vehicleStyleCodes=[]

Thanks!
Matt

MattinAkron said:
I happen to have a 2017 e-Golf SEL Premium listed for sale right now in Ohio (near Cleveland). Car has less than 1,000mi on it. Depending on where you are in WI, it would be possible to drive it to you from here with an overnight stop at a hotel that has charging (that's how I got the car here from outside of DC).

Long story short - I didn't properly communicate the cost of the car to my wife. She'd rather use the $$ tied up in the car on travel and home improvements. And so I am now trying to sell it.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...s=[]&listingId=476618455&vehicleStyleCodes=[]

Thanks!
Matt

You want $29000 for this, it's used, and you took the $7500 Federal Tax credit, and any credits Ohio might give you too? And the new owner gets ZERO tax credits on a used car? Wow, just wow, how stupid do you think the folks here are, on accepting a deal like that? ROFLMAO!

Your wife sounds selfish, isn't buying a new set of wheels spending money on travel, so you can get to work reliably to earn a paycheck?

Jeez.. 29k for a used e-Golf when I could buy one new (get the tax deduction) and pay quite a bit less. Do you have a bridge for sale too?

JoulesThief said:
MattinAkron said:

Thanks!
Matt

You want $29000 for this, it's used, and you took the $7500 Federal Tax credit, and any credits Ohio might give you too? And the new owner gets ZERO tax credits on a used car? Wow, just wow, how stupid do you think the folks here on on accepting a deal like that? ROFLMAO!

Actually he wants closer to $30K, wonder if he sold it yet ? :D

Thank you, Rsolaregolf, brick, and JoulesThief for taking a jab at my spouse and the asking price on my ad. Being that this was my introductory post on this forum - you've done a great job of confirming the universal truth of internet forums...plenty of people are jerks.

To constructively answer your comments...

• - My wife is not selfish. I would encourage you to share a recent miscommunication from your marriage (are you even married?) so that I can pass judgement on your spouse.

• - You can't buy a new e-Golf for cheaper than this - at least not outside of the states where it is sold. All of the purchase and lease incentives on these vehicles have a residency requirement. So if the OP (lives in WI) drove to neighboring Illinois and purchased an e-Golf, he would pay sticker just like I did

• - Furthermore, the OP would also have to wait until they file their 2018 taxes in order to get their $7,500 federal rebate. I'm frontloading that discount into the purchase price of the vehicle.

The price of my ad is sticker less $8,000 for a vehicle with 506 miles on it, located in an area where you can't buy a 2017 e-Golf for over 200 miles, and none of the advertised purchase incentives apply. I understand that doesn't appear to be a screaming value to someone who lives in a state where e-Golfs are advertised for thousands off sticker (with state, federal, and VW incentives built into the price), but if you're in the Cleveland/Columbus/Pittsburgh/Cincinnati/Detroit metro areas and you're interested in an e-Golf...then my car is the only show in town.

Because of my Autotrader ad, I was contacted last week by a vehicle supplier company who has a client in Detroit that wants a 2017 e-Golf for static display purposes in two weeks. Because I have the only 2017 e-Golf within 300mi of Detroit, they're going to pay me $1,750 to come to my house and ship my vehicle to Detroit and back for a week. So there's that.

MattinAkron,
I apologize for reacting somewhat inappropriately to your offer. In hindsight, some buyer's may view your offer reasonable. Given your reasoning for the tax break front-loading, and the lack of availability, your pricing is understandable. My reference point was two 2016's currently selling for about $20k each.

ps. I never made a comment about your family, and never would.
Sincerely,
BRick

To constructively answer your comments...

• - My wife is not selfish. I would encourage you to share a recent miscommunication from your marriage (are you even married?) so that I can pass judgement on your spouse.

• - You can't buy a new e-Golf for cheaper than this - at least not outside of the states where it is sold. All of the purchase and lease incentives on these vehicles have a residency requirement. So if the OP (lives in WI) drove to neighboring Illinois and purchased an e-Golf, he would pay sticker just like I did

• - Furthermore, the OP would also have to wait until they file their 2018 taxes in order to get their $7,500 federal rebate. I'm frontloading that discount into the purchase price of the vehicle.

The price of my ad is sticker less $8,000 for a vehicle with 506 miles on it, located in an area where you can't buy a 2017 e-Golf for over 200 miles, and none of the advertised purchase incentives apply. I understand that doesn't appear to be a screaming value to someone who lives in a state where e-Golfs are advertised for thousands off sticker (with state, federal, and VW incentives built into the price), but if you're in the Cleveland/Columbus/Pittsburgh/Cincinnati/Detroit metro areas and you're interested in an e-Golf...then my car is the only show in town.

Because of my Autotrader ad, I was contacted last week by a vehicle supplier company who has a client in Detroit that wants a 2017 e-Golf for static display purposes in two weeks. Because I have the only 2017 e-Golf within 300mi of Detroit, they're going to pay me $1,750 to come to my house and ship my vehicle to Detroit and back for a week. So there's that.[/quote]

I did not say anything about your spouse and I've been married over 38 years. As you said you were the one with the communication problem with your wife buying the car in the 1st place.

We bought our 2015 SEL in Feb of 2016 after we BOTH drove it and agreed we should get it. All I said was your asking price was almost $30 K not $29 K and wondered if you had sold it for that price. We got ours, a brand new 15 SEL for $27.5 out the door and then we got the $7500 tax credit. Granted it doesn't have the larger battery but we also had to travel out of state to get it as they aren't sold in NH. Didn't mean to offend you. Glad to hear you got a deal for showing it. We love our eGolf as much as our Passat TDI and Mazda MX5 PRHT. Each has it's merits and faults but we ALWAYS discuss and agree upon our automotive purchases(as well as real estate). Might be just a bit of the reason we are still married, since the 70s : -)

Seriously, best of luck selling it. One last comment, bet you'll miss it when it's gone.

I test drove my 2015 SEL in Oct of 2016, here in CA. MSRP was $36,300. I paid $25,200 for it, to the dealership, plus sales tax. I then got another $7500 Federal tax credit in April of 2016, and a $2500 rebate from the state of California, bringing my effective cost before taxes to about $15,200.

Been living with the same gal for 20 years. No miscommunications over finances, we keep ours separate, it works well for us. Never ever any bickering over money, expenses, or who wants to buy what. Ever... Make your own money, spend it how ever you want, with no comments from the peanut gallery about lack of proper communication.

Too many men in California have been screwed over by Attorneys, divorce courts, and unfavorable laws towards men, for marriage to be even considered a viable option. No contract wanted, necessary, or desired, avoid it.

Back