What's the going rate for e-Golf service in your area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cctop

Around San Francisco the dealerships ask $275 to $450 for the e-Golf's standard 20,000-mile service.

That seems like a lot for what's basically a tire rotation and visual inspection.

I'm wondering if that's standard in the rest of the United States. What do they charge in your area?

I had a 10,000 mile service performed for $266.64 at my dealer; however, this also included a front-end alignment, which the dealer claimed was needed. I don't have my receipt in front of me, so I can't say how much was the maintenance charge.

I'm not sure that the 10,000 mile service is "required" or optional, but my car is still under warranty and I wanted to avoid any future hassles should I need warranty repairs. I agree that this amount is way over what is reflected in the maintenance tasks.

In the USA the Magnussen Moss Warranty Act (federal law) guarantees warranty coverage even if you never use dealer for maintenance, and use an independent shop or even do the maintenance yourself.

Back