air conditioner and water drain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miamor

Hey all. I am unsure if these cars do drain the condensed water from A/C out below car. Do you see that puddle form under your car while stationary & running A/C? It's really expected and all cars do this. But my beast seems to drink up all that condensate. :shock:
There has never been a drop when I look where the car had been sitting for the last 2-5 mins.
I have scheduled a dealer visit, but that's going to cost a lot just to ask them. I will ask they vacuum the drain to clear it out.

p.s. I searched all discussions for air water. Nothing about A/C drain seems to be in the forum until now!

Maybe there isn’t much moisture int the air? Or the ground is so hot that the condensate quickly evaporates?

Dealer said something about the drain doesn't end at a hose to the outside. I forget the specifics, but that it drains onto that thick felt mat covering bottom of car, so there won't be any dripping. Sounds weird but whatever.

Maybe it provides evaporative cooling for the battery pack in hot weather - since the pack has no active thermal management, this could help a tiny bit to cool the cells.

Back