Dolly towing behind a motorhome??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieV

Does anyone know if I can dolly tow a 2019 eGolf?
I’d love to tow it behind my motorhome and putting it on a flatbed trailer is more weight I’d rather not be pulling...

Front wheel drive car so dolly towing with the front wheels lifted shouldn't be an issue. All four tires down probably not good.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I do mean the front axel off the ground, but since its an ev, does the vehicle need to be on for the park brake to disengage and be in neutral?
Also concerned that the tech may provide feedback from the rolling rear axel and provide contradicting data feedback since the accelerator is not engaged. I feel it might not be as straight forward.

CharlieV said:
Thanks for the reply. Yes I do mean the front axel off the ground, but since its an ev, does the vehicle need to be on for the park brake to disengage and be in neutral?
Also concerned that the tech may provide feedback from the rolling rear axel and provide contradicting data feedback since the accelerator is not engaged. I feel it might not be as straight forward.
IMHO, the only risk is related to the electric parking brake which engages on the rear wheels. If you can park the car and turn it off without setting the parking brake, that is a start. The parking brake makes an obvious noise, so you would know if it engaged automatically when turning off the car. I personally set the parking brake myself every time before turning off the car, so I don't know the actual behavior if you intend to leave it disengaged. Also, there is a tiny chance that the car will be awake enough to notice the turning rear wheels when rolling on a front wheel dolly and engage the parking brake automatically. That is easy to test too with a rented dolly before buying your own.

Back