ID.4 Reveal today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a link to the YouTube stream if anyone else is interested. Since it's the only VW EV we are going to have on the market in the US for a while I figure I'd tune in to see what it's all about. Never been a big fan of the Tiguan platform, but we'll see.

https://youtu.be/sgqgywj-kf0

Thanks. FYI, this is not the Tiguan (MQB) platform. The ID cars are built on the new EV only MEB platform. Still, ID.4 is an SUV. If only VW would bring the ID.3 to the US!

f1geek said:
Thanks. FYI, this is not the Tiguan (MQB) platform. The ID cars are built on the new EV only MEB platform. Still, ID.4 is an SUV. If only VW would bring the ID.3 to the US!

Yeah I'm aware, I was merely referencing the Tiguan as it's the current Small SUV that the ID.4 is replacing. I can see how my OP would be confusing though. Here's hoping that I like it... Probably won't be putting down a $100 deposit though. I can't ever see myself pre-ordering a car. Gotta drive it first to make sure you like it.

Understand your POV, but that $100 is fully refundable and buys you a place in the queue. If you find you do like it, you may not be able to get one for quite a while if demand is high enough.

OTOH, should you ever buy a first year car...?

Spektre said:
Understand your POV, but that $100 is fully refundable and buys you a place in the queue. If you find you do like it, you may not be able to get one for quite a while if demand is high enough.

OTOH, should you ever buy a first year car...?

I mean I'd be more tempted if I didn't already have my E-golf.

As is I was pretty impressed by the ID.4 reveal today. 83KWh battery in a car that's $39,995 MSRP is pretty impressive. Lots of cool gadgets and gizmos as well, and I thought it was a pretty nice looking car too. Not amazing, but not offensive either. I'm definitely intrigued!

I may loan VW $100 just to get them to make an EV, and decide later if my wife decides to ditch her fossil gobbler.

ZeroMoon17 said:
I mean I'd be more tempted if I didn't already have my E-golf.

As is I was pretty impressed by the ID.4 reveal today. 83KWh battery in a car that's $39,995 MSRP is pretty impressive. Lots of cool gadgets and gizmos as well, and I thought it was a pretty nice looking car too. Not amazing, but not offensive either. I'm definitely intrigued!

My eGolf is getting long in the tooth, and I need something to transfer my VLTSWGN personalized plate to... LOL

Reservation site was down for hours right after they released the URL, but came back up eventually. I put in a reservation for a 1st edition and a pro model. I thought it'd at least be worth holding a place in line. No way of knowing where in line you are though, as the res number was a random-looking alpha-numeric string.

I was disappointed not to see any mention of the HUD or AR windshield display on the US modeI - wonder if we're actually getting that, or they're going to hold that for the Audi Q4 etron?

ZeroMoon17 said:
Looks like all the ID4 1st editions are all reserved already. That went really quick!

I wonder if that signifies high demand or low allotment for the US?

edit: According to Greencarreports.com, 2000 1st edition ID.4 have been allocated to the US.

Back