App <> car connectivity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott28tt

Hi,

I’ve just bought an e-Golf, and have the car paired with the We Connect app.

App functions such as controlling the AC currently only work when the car has a WLAN connection, either to my home WiFi or to the hotspot on my phone. When there is no WLAN connection, the app requests timeout, and the car information shown in the app does not update.

I am of the understanding that the car has an eSIM to give it connectivity for such functions, I have all the app services activated in the car settings, and there is a good 3G and 4G signal where the car is parked.

It’s a 2020 model on a 69 plate, the service contracts are activated to my account til February 2023.

I've restarted the infotainment system as advised by We Connect support, I'm waiting for them to come back to me with further suggestions.

I also did a factory reset in the system off my own back.

I've also asked my local dealer, they've passed it to their Master Technician, I haven't heard back yet.

Any suggestions?

Scott.

In the USA we have a different software/ hardware configuration of the e-Golf. We can not get the We Connect app on the US App Store - we only have Car-Net, which I never use. I can’t offer any suggestions. Best of luck!

I can only recommend to try using another app and connect to it. For example, this best car maintenance app for me has the features like time saving Forecasting (based on the available data, the application makes fairly accurate forecasts for mileage and future expenses), convenient planning (you can just add all the events you planned to the schedule, the application will remind you of them in advance), accounting for expenses by category, fuel consumption statistics for each refueling / charging..

Back