sjkn

Adding a reverse camera.

Hi there,

I just got my e-Golf (2018) last Tuesday as my first car and I really like it. Drives smoothly, I sit comfortably and it is just an overall joy.
My only gripe is the lack of a reverse camera and I'm not completely satisfied by settling with the park sensors.

What do you recommend to buy? Should I just get a cheap option or is it worth it to upgrade the logo on the back of the car to a reverse camera?

Cheers.
miimura

Re: Adding a reverse camera.

I assume you are in Europe since all North American e-Golf cars had the backup camera included.

Personally, I would try to go for retrofitting the factory backup camera that's integrated into the rear logo/hatch release. However, I have no idea how much parts would cost or whether some kind of coding would be required. I'm assuming that the wiring is present.
2015 e-Golf LE (returned) | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 2012 RAV4 EV Shoreline w/JdeMO | Leviton EVB40 & Jesla Home Charging | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV + 2x Powerwall 2 AC
Phil0110

Re: Adding a reverse camera.

I can recommend HD eRapta ERT01 Backup Camera, I've heard a lot of reviews about it, a very nice thing

Return to “General / Main e-Golf Owners Forum”