Golf not charging with wallbox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASVegolf

Hello ,

My golf is not charging with wallbox but with the plug socket 220v is charging normaly.
When I put car on wallbox it starts to charge (without show the KW ) and after 20-30" it stops. The charger is charge normally other cars .

Any option ?

More information is needed to assist:

1. By "plug socket 220v" what do you mean? It is not possible to plug car into a 220 V socket without a charging station, so what charging station are you using?

2. What brand / model of wallbox do you have? What is the circuit amperage? What is the wallbox amperage?

3. Which button is pressed at the e-Golf charge inlet?

If you see any lights at e-Golf charge inlet, what do you observe?

4. Are there any messages on the car dashboard?

I seem to have the same issue since a few weeks. Let me try to explain:
Home charging station is wall box 1 phase 230 Volt, 16A.
Since a few weeks it doesn't charge my VW e-Golf 2017. When I plug it, you hear the clicking sounds of the wall box and the car. Indicator goes green intermittent (as if it is charging), but it doesn't give any power (I have a separate meter for the station that shows no consumption) After a minute or so new clicking as if it is trying to charge again. This happens 3 times and then the indicator goes to yellow and red.
My car charges fine with a public 11 or 22 kW charger. Also fine with the 230V Level 1 (10A?) charger (The one you plug into a 'normal' wall socket)
My neighbor can charge his car fine with my home charging station so it looks like the charging station is fine.
What could be the issue here? Could there be a separate charging fault for 1 phase 230 Volt 16A inside the car?
I've read that resistors are used to define the type of charger connected. Could there be a fault there?
I've gone back to the dealer, but they don't seem to have the knowledge to analyze the issue or have never dealt with it.
Any expert that can help here please?

Back