DO NOT GET UPDATE TSB 2040470- IT WILL BRICK YOUR CAR!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mille

Delayed charging works, but, as expected, something else failed. I'm now unable to drive the car because it believes that it is plugged in. ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE THAT THE SOFTWARE ENGINEERS CAN'T FIX ONE PROBLEM WITHOUT SCREWING SOMETHING ELSE UP.

Found a work around: Unplug car and wait at least one minute for the car to go into hibernation. It will then recognize absence of charging plug and work normally. Not ideal....

I got the update and no issues here except one; creating and deleting a new charging location in the app causes a "rejected error". The action is successful, but I have to exit and restart the app for the change to show up.

I immediately unplugged the EVSE, started and drove the car without issue, so my car doesn't have the problem you experienced with the update

1. Are these updates numbered sequentially?
2. How many updates since the car first came out in November?
3. Is the dealer the only one who can tell what update my car has?
4. Is there a list somewhere of the problems each update fixes?

Ron

Car back from service again... Update TSB 2040470 re-installed and issue with car being stuck in charge mode appears to be gone. UNFORTUNATELY I am no longer able to remove the charging connector without having to dig the key out of my pocket and press unlock thereby defeating the purpose of having a keyless entry. How I wish someone from VW would pay attention to what the Teslas, Nissans and Fords can do. I'm disappointed and tiered of not being heard.

So another issue that may arise with this update if it throws an error when they do the recode is the car just wont charge. I had planned to put it back on the charger after they finished the TSB but couldn't get it to start charging. They took it back and applied the TSB again and it ran with no errors and worked. I guess the first time they had told it to retry when the error popped up or something and it was able to complete successfully, but it clearly wasn't quite right. If you're there for service on an EV they'll have a charger in the shop. May be worth asking them to throw it on the charger and testing before calling it done. This TSB is also known as 2040470 v931501. Your invoice may have either number on it. It's the same TSB.

Also, while the car wouldn't charge after the first run of the TSB, I noticed the charger plug didn't actually lock to the car. Of course after they reran the TSB it locks again. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the fact that it wouldn't charge, so it didn't engage the lock. Which is probably the case.

I'm wondering if something similar happened when they initially ran the TSB on your car Mille.

Delayed charging now works but the plug can only be removed after unlock is pressed; even when charging is done. Very annoying!

Mille said:
Delayed charging now works but the plug can only be removed after unlock is pressed; even when charging is done. Very annoying!

I think it's standard behavior, no?
This is exactly how it works in my car without TSB - only way to unplug charger (even after charging is done) is unlock the car (good at my place as some trying to unplug it even if it still charging).

Back