Just thought I'd share recent discussions with service dept at dealership in case it helps anyone
* Have well understood delayed charging issue from day 1 of ownership (received vehicle in Jan 2015)
* VW has been providing $200 compensation every two months until software fix was available
* S/W fix was apparently made available at beginning of May
* Waiting to be contacted by dealership to have this applied
Non charging issues
* Before getting appointment for S/W update the car refused to charge
* After a further day it charged to 35% and stopped
* Car driven to dealer (after arguing with service guy that it wasn't our charger that was the problem)
* Dealer confirmed issue
* Dealer "reprogrammed everything" but unclear what they did to resolve issue, I assumed they applied TSB. Reprogramming broke the A/C system - took another day to resolve.
* 4 days later car again refused to charge leaving wife stranded in bad neighborhood after finding two charging locations that are for employees only (Facebook being one). As an aside Chargepoint need to update their website to make it much more visible which locations are public or not eg color coding at the high level zoom view.
* Car was towed back to dealership that first dealt with problem (after insisting it's not taken to the nearest dealership from location that vehicle was stranded at)
* My take is that dealership service advisors and techs are not familiar with eGOLF - BEWARE - talk to service manager to make sure he/she is aware an eGolf is being worked on.
Dealership service manager input
* Reported seeing many vehicles with the same problem of not charging
* So far fix has been to replace "control module", no returns once this has been done. Takes two days to turn this around
I will post update once vehicle is returned
* I have the vehicle back. The battery control module was replaced to solve the non charging issue. Dealer tech claims this is apparently completely separate from the delayed charging issue.
* TSB software update was applied to carnet module. Still no delayed charging or any ability to adjust schedules etc from either the app or via web portal (IE or Chrome)
* Carnet was called - they applied "new configuration" apparently to tell carnet module that the vehicle is in fact electric and should respond to delayed charging requests.
* 2 days later still no ability to set delayed charging via app or web
* Escalated back to VW regional specialist, which is funny because carnet tech support insisted to the tech at the dealer that I, the customer, deal with them directly. Same person assigned - I actually commend VW for having such good dealer service folks (they are frustrated too) and the corporate customer care lady who is on my case. Getting daily updates from VW will update here.
* Car will now charge but one oddity was that sometimes I have to go to the app to make it start ie on initial plug in it does not start automatically. It's almost as if the delayed charging is enabled in the car but app or web don't report it being so.
Plugged car in at 11:10 PM - started to charge immediately, let's see if I have the same thing tomorrow ie does the 11 pm make a difference (ie the time entered for low electricity rate).
11-Jun-15 - Update
Delayed charging STILL not working.
Daily calls from VW regional advisor
VW support liaising with Car-net.
Was escalated to a "supervisor" who claimed on line account config was changed to solve problem. No change
Uninstalled and re-installed app: No change
Tried via website: No change
Tired on an iPhone (vs Android): No change
On phones I get: "Set charging locations: Error occured"
via webportal after submitting changes new setting never appear.
Sent video of app behavior to regional advisor ie cannot program delayed charging
She sent to her carnet contact, both are now out of ideas
Has been escalated within Carnet, expected next update 19-Jun
Case has been escalated to the mobile software group in Germany. Waiting for update due today
New website did not improve things
Last edited by madscot
on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:31 am, edited 8 times in total.