Delayed Charging / Car-Net / what worked and didn't May2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarryMW

Sorry for the long but detailed post. I hope the level of detail will help you discover anything you may be doing differently.
If you read nothing but the *** note, it may be time well spent.

I use a Juicebox (JB) 40 Pro and it emails me charger status, this is where the times come from.

SETUP
Mid week I set a schedule using iPad app to depart on Sat,Sun at 5am, Location set to "Home". I created "Home" on the Website.
At 7:14pm Saturday, I unlocked car using hand in door handle, opened charging port, Connected JB charger to Car...DO NOT push the J1772 button when connecting to the car **** see note below, Locked door with hand on door handle.
I then confirmed that the Green charging status LED was pulsing the delay pattern (blink,off,blink,off,) not the (slow up and down wave of actually charging)
Within a min or so, the LED light goes out completely. I walk away.

RESULTS
Sat 7:14pm - JB emails Car is connected
Sun 3:56am - JB emails Car is connected - charging has begun
Sun 5:00am - JB emails Charge is complete 7.055 KWH

Perfect delayed charging result!!!

*** As I stated I use a JuiceBox 40 Pro, I have owned a Fiat 500e for 2-3 weeks longer than my e-Golf. I was getting delayed charging failures on the 500e on random evenings.
On the JuiceBox 40 Pro the Charge connector (J1772) release button is actually electrically active. Maybe this is true for all L2 chargers, I don't know. But here is the kicker....Pushing the button on the J1772 stops the charging current. If I accidently pushed the J1772 button during or after connecting the 500e, the 500e registers this as a charge failure and will flash "Goal Post" error lights thus failing to charge that night. There is a lot of good to be said about the FIAT having LARGE FLASHING status lights high on the dash.

HISTORY
2015 e-Golf - - Car-Net non functional. No updates from or to car using IOS app (iPhone or iPad).
App even reports "charging plug out" while I can see car charging.
TSB 2040470 applied
no App updates to car, but charge status does now show from car. Charger does show as connected while charging, but I can't sent a Stop charge to car.
REBOOTED - (Thanks for the other posts here on this forum)
All updates now working - Can see and control charge status, Destinations, Charging Schedules & Charging Locations.
I notice Air Conditioner not working (blows but no control over cold temp)
TSB 2040184 applied
A/C works once again. No change to now function Car-Net and charging delay - I'm I appear to be good to go.
Now if I could only change the default 72 degree climate setting..... Bhahahahahah you can't have it all!

I hope this helps. The J1772 button was a total surprise. I was lucky to own the 500e before the e-golf.

Barry

Yes, I'm still getting intermittent failure to unlock the charging connector problems. I only lock/unlock with hand on handle. Sometimes it can take 2-3 lock/unlock cycles to release the charging connecter from the car.

Back