CarNet Remote Climate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

I finally got around to trying the Remote Climate function to cool my car before leaving the office this evening. It didn't work. It gave an error message that I didn't save. I also could not get it update the Interior and Outside temperatures that appear on that screen in the iPhone App.

Has anyone used this successfully yet? I fear another painful interaction with CarNet coming soon.

I have used it.

If you want climate to work without it plugged in, there's a setting in Carnet you have to enable to allow climate when it is not plugged in. By default, it has to be plugged in unless you change it.

I have gotten it to work, although it took several tries to get the settings to successfully save via iOS app. It also sometimes takes several tries to start the Remote Climate function due to what appear to be random, transient failures. You know, the usual Car-Net flakiness. But unlike delayed charging (for me, anyway), Remote Climate actually works sometimes.

I haven't tried it in conjunction with departure time but I have confirmed that I can start and stop it remotely.

When I get errors with carnet app, I just kill the program in android task manager and restart. After a restart, it usually works - actually I don't recall it ever not working after a restart.

I can also start the climate from the phone app. However, once (while plugged in) I started the A/C from inside the car and it only blew outside air. This was after I pushed the start button but did not step on the brake.

I got it to work unknowingly. I kept attempting to turn it on and like others mentioned it wouldn't update. It would just cycle like it was awaiting confirmation and when I went to the vehicle it was working and never sent confirmation.

Back