Skryll

Re: new carnet web site...

oftheseven wrote:To me, the site is not much better than before and it's pretty slow. Even myFord site is better.
I assume this hasn't fixed the delayed charging issues since it's related to the TSB in the vehicle?
Lol I am glad I did not bother logging in yet. I only use the app on the iPhone and that is painfully slow but works. I just tend to treat it as a batch job, submit and walk away, come back and check results later.

Love the egolf and am glad we have the iPhone app, with all its deficiencies it still adds a lot of value to the usability of the car.

I'll check the website in half a year when the shakeout is over and they realized they need some real software engineers look at things rather than interns (thats my best guess).

Michael
2015 Home Solar 10kW, output 60kWh per day May 2017, pays for itself by 2022
2015 VW eGolf SEL Midnight Blue / BridgeStone Potenza Pole Position tires, EPA 85 miles
2016 Tesla Model X 90D Perl White / Stock 20" tires, EPA 250 miles
umicar

As of today when I go to look at my battery and charge settings on the site, I get an error message that "Remote Control is temporarily unavailable". And must this site run at the speed of the internet running from a dial up connection in 1997? VW should really be ashamed of themselves for putting their name on this garbage experience. As much as they want to point fingers that this is a Carnet thing and developed by a third party, the fact of the matter is that it is called "VW Carnet", therefore this is totally on them.
umicar

Update: I did look at my Carnet app today after setting up the web schedule to change the times back to what I had originally scheduled before the Carnet website change. They told me last night to change my web settings back to the times I had originally set and were changed to EST. Well... I changed the website to have my car ready at 6:30am, and noticed my CarNet app setting was now set to be ready at 3:30am, so CLEARLY the people at Carnet have no clue what they are talking about, and the stupid website update is defaulted to EST.

I can't believe that the update made Carnet even worse. I actually managed to start working around the horribleness of the previous site. VW really needs to get their acts together.
umicar

Third update: 9:30pm and noticed that my charge light was on. Looked at my Carnet app that said I had 6:30 left to get to my full charge and it would be ready by Saturday at 9am (that is my weekend schedule). Called Carnet and was told to call back tomorrow to speak with a tech support person who will tell me how to correctly set up my departure times. Um... THEY WERE SET UP CORRECTLY until they did whatever the heck they did with this crazy update of theirs.

Anyone else experiencing all these issues with the update?
GadgetGav

Are there moderators on this board?
Shouldn't this topic be in the sub-forum that's dedicated to CarNet?
uthe

umicar wrote:
Anyone else experiencing all these issues with the update?
Yep you are not alone, I am sure everybody has this experience.
Really embarrassing how they taint a real nice car experience with such poor software implementation, this really needs to be elevated at VW
2015 e-Golf SEL Premium, Limestone
Clipper Creek L2 HCS-40, TSB 2040470 applied 5/11, TSB 93-15-01 applied 11/10, since 11/12 Clipper Creek L2 CS-40 Commercial Charger
sweetwagon

On the app, i didn't notice any changes in behavior or performance. slow as usual but no worse than before. I am still able to do my departure time based charges, remote status updates, etc.

I took a quick look on the web site for status updates - seems to work fine. again, it's slow as usual but no worse than before. I usually do the scheduling on the app so can't say anything about that for the website.
Black SEL, Juicebox 30
blueiris

This should go in Car-Net topic category.
voidstar

Here's my janky workflow to make off-peak charging work without needing to go to the garage after 11pm and put the plug in the car:
  1. After finishing car use for the day (could be early afternoon, could be late evening), connect car to L2 EVSE. I have a scheduled charging set to have the car ready by 6:55am, so the car doesn't start charging when I plug the car in.
  2. After 11pm, use iOS Car-Net app to manually start charging.
Simple, right? Well, sometime in the last few days, even this stopped working. I would check the car in the morning and the charging had stopped at around 70 miles of range. Power to the EVSE is still fine. My charging profile is set to charge the battery to 100 percent. Pretty sure VW has managed to make things worse. I don't have the energy to bring this up with them.
2015 e-Golf LE Pure White/Titan Black
Clipper Creek CS-50
Electricbowtie

Man, I thought OnStar website for my Volt was crap but CarNet makes it look like a shining star. At least OnStar uses some logic with user interface, off peak charging and other nice features. Still love our e-Golf but wish the website and app would catch up. I agree with most folks here that the new website is even worse.
2015 Reflex Silver e-Golf (purchased 5/20/15)

2012 Volt (EV best = 51.5 miles)
https://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/1192

(RIP 5/11/15) 2014 Spark EV (EV best = 79 miles (16.6kwh) with 15 to go)
http://www.voltstats.net/SparkEV/Stats/Details/4223

Return to “Car-Net”