Problem registering car to car-net

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andri

I am trying to connect my car to car-net and I have followed the instructions and have created my account on the volkswagen website and entered the WIN number of the car and received a registration code that I have to enter in the car. So I go to the menu screen in the car, and select setup and then I have to select the option "car-net" but it's missing. There is nothing between the "WLAN" option and the "System Information" where the "car-net" option should be (See following picture). Has anyone had the same problem?

pin_eingabe_screen_step3.png

What country are you in? US e-Golf does not have any car-net setting in the car. On ours everything is set from the VIN number.

miimura said:
What country are you in? US e-Golf does not have any car-net setting in the car. On ours everything is set from the VIN number.

Im in iceland, I ordered the e-golf through the dealership so its from germany, not the U.S.
I believe maybe the software in the car needs an update or something which is weird because I ordered the car in may and received it in the end of august so it's brand new.

Does your car have the spanner/wrench telematics button up on the headliner? When I activated my account I pressed that button to talk to the VW Car-Net service representative and that person completed the account setup. I wonder if that works in Europe as well.

Back