e-golf owners in Oregon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrocat

Hey all, just wanted to say hi. I didn't see a discussion group for Oregon so wanted to start a thread. I got a black SEL last weekend and have been loving it! Anyone else out there?

Hey there. 2015 e-Golf SEL in Portland, OR. Love our e-Golf too. One of the best electric cars I test drove other than the Tesla Model S, which was way out of our price range.

I'm in Hood River with a 2016 eGolf, had it over a year.

I make lots of Portland trips (60 miles) and usually charge at Wood Village/Troutdale for the return trip.

We've had a ton of snow these last four days, so I'm driving the Subaru, I'm afraid. My girlfriend likes to blast the heat.

I'm an e-golf owner in Portland, and got my 2016 SEL in April 2016. I love it, but am having problems with the car net app.
mjf

mjfulop65 said:
I'm an e-golf owner in Portland, and got my 2016 SEL in April 2016. I love it, but am having problems with the car net app.
mjf
It's highly probable they are updating the Car-net software, done by Verizon.

Doesn't look like there are too many active members in the Portland area. I just got a 2019 eGolf - upgrading from my totaled 2012 iMiev - and WHAT an upgrade. I've had it about 2-3 weeks now and freaking love it - but there is a bit of a learning curve.
Anyone else have issues with the CarNet app thru their phone? It seems to work much better thru the computer. With the recent stretch of hot days, I have programmed a timer to have the AC come on just as I am getting off work. Fantastic!!
I plan on being at Dubs and Donuts the first Saturday of this next month - they meet at the Krispy Kreme down on 82nd ave the first Saturday of the month. It would be cool to see some more eGolf owners there!!!

Hello from Portland and congrats on your new eGolf. I spot quite a few of them on the road around here (there's even another guy on my street who has one). But probably only a fraction of owners reading/posting in this forum. This site (and the eGolf forum on Speak EV) are excellent resources.

I was on the iMiev forum for years while I owned it. Very helpful site early on, when all the things EV were pretty new. My neighbor across my street liked my iMiev so much, they bought one a couple years ago. He had to get a different color so we could tell them apart....
But now, with my beloved little iMiev in the scrap yard, waiting to have it's battery salvaged, I am the happy new owner of a 2019 eGolf.
Never thought I would buy another VW again after the terrible 99 Beetle we had, or Diesel gate. But after looking at the Nero EV and the Bolt, the interior quality of the eGolf just stood head and shoulders above those cars.
Never was a leaf fan, still not. But the popularity of the leaf meant that my gamble on an aftermarket battery upgrade for my iMiev would never happen. I'm hoping that the popularity of the eGolf will at least attract some attention years down the road when we might need a little extra battery!

You are right the e-Golf is popular - maybe not in the USA but I believe the sales in Norway, Germany, the UK and the Netherlands are pretty significant. VW sold 100,000 e-Golf as of November 2019, and I'm pretty sure they are still making them, so this bodes well for tinkerers to find an upgrade solution. It is possible someone will come up with a battery swap but I doubt it will be easy or cheap. The cells are a standard size and the while the "big" pack has 37 Ah cells, 50 Ah cells have been common for years. Maybe we can expect 60 to 70 Ah cells in the future?

f1geek said:
You are right the e-Golf is popular - maybe not in the USA but I believe the sales in Norway, Germany, the UK and the Netherlands are pretty significant. VW sold 100,000 e-Golf as of November 2019, and I'm pretty sure they are still making them, so this bodes well for tinkerers to find an upgrade solution. It is possible someone will come up with a battery swap but I doubt it will be easy or cheap. The cells are a standard size and the while the "big" pack has 37 Ah cells, 50 Ah cells have been common for years. Maybe we can expect 60 to 70 Ah cells in the future?

I'm hoping!!! Of course, that was my hope with the iMiev. There are some folks down in NZ that are swapping out the pack with larger ones - but that is a long way form here!!! I have a buddy in Seattle that is upgrading older leafs, and there is a shop here in Portland that will at least swap out the battery - but no upgrades in power. So, aftermarket is starting.... Lets just hope it grows!

Back