How to remove “For your safety" window

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golfe2023

Hey all, I’ve owned a 2017 SEL for a little under a year now, and I absolutely love the car. I just love the simplicity and understated nature of this EV.

I noticed there was an “images” menu, so I got an SD card and loaded some paintings to take advantage of the sleek screen. Problem is, whenever I go above 3 mph, that “For your safety” window pops up. I just find it funny that I can fully operate the screen when playing music, but can’t have a stationary picture up when driving.

Is there a way to disable that safety screen so the images can be displayed throughout the drive? Thanks!

Below is a picture of the safety screen in question:IMG_2387.jpeg

Last edited:
I think so - I like to have the screen go dark after 10seconds and originally that option was disabled when moving.
Used VCDS (or OBD11) to change many of the InfoDisplay settings from "locked" to "open" - unfortunately I don't know which change enabled access while driving...
Would focus on the 15-ish sub-menus in 5F Info Control Unit headed "FB_Media_#" (sample below)
Enable settings changes while driving5F Information Control UnitLocked menu contentsFB_CAR_7blockednon_blocked
Enable settings changes while driving5F Information Control UnitLocked menu contentsFB_MEDIA_1blockednon_blocked
Enable settings changes while driving5F Information Control UnitLocked menu contentsFB_MEDIA_10blockednon_blocked
Enable settings changes while driving5F Information Control UnitLocked menu contentsFB_MEDIA_11blockednon_blocked
Enable settings changes while driving5F Information Control UnitLocked menu contentsFB_MEDIA_12blockednon_blocked

Back