killowatt hours used for a trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirby

Is it possible to get just the e-Golf to tell me the total amount of energy used (in kWh, I assume, but I don't actually care what units this display is in) used for a given trip?

For my daily commute, I have a few shorter but freeway options and a few longer but surface street options. Traffic conditions will usually steer me one way or the other, but being a geek, I'm interested in knowing the overall energy used to get from my A->B rather than the mi/kWh. I know I could work this out myself by looking at mileage and mi/kWh but it seems like the car has to have this data already.

kirby said:
Is it possible to get just the e-Golf to tell me the total amount of energy used (in kWh, I assume, but I don't actually care what units this display is in) used for a given trip?

For my daily commute, I have a few shorter but freeway options and a few longer but surface street options. Traffic conditions will usually steer me one way or the other, but being a geek, I'm interested in knowing the overall energy used to get from my A->B rather than the mi/kWh. I know I could work this out myself by looking at mileage and mi/kWh but it seems like the car has to have this data already.

Indirectly with a little bit of math, yes. And the math isn't that difficult, if you really want to know, plug the numbers in on your smart phone, use the calculator function if you can't do a bit of simple division in your head.

20151126_133948_zpsivlstybs.jpg

and

20151126_133933_zpslpohtmgm.jpg

This is will have to do for now. I did want at least the miles/kWh and the miles both from the car rather than getting one from Google Maps or something.

Use this link and covert the car to a Nissan Leaf instead of a VW e-Golf, and you should be in the ball park for planning trips.

https://evtripplanner.com/planner

I use the Trips tab on the carnet website to compare my commute trips. On the consumption tab they give you miles for that trip and average consumption for that trip.

Back