Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plug in Errors
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:54 am 

My eGolf thinks it is still plugged in. It gives me errors and blinks and beeps on the dashboard. If I push it about 10 feet and then restart it the car drives but keeps beeping errors. Sometimes the issue goes away for a few weeks then it returns again. It started after a power outage at my house. Two different VW service locations cannot figure out issue. Thanks for any feedback.

Post subject: Re: Plug in Errors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:09 am 

tkilday wrote:
My eGolf thinks it is still plugged in. It gives me errors and blinks and beeps on the dashboard. If I push it about 10 feet and then restart it the car drives but keeps beeping errors. Sometimes the issue goes away for a few weeks then it returns again. It started after a power outage at my house. Two different VW service locations cannot figure out issue. Thanks for any feedback.

This may be obvious to you (and many others) but one thing I've started doing that has helped immensely is taking a video of my car doing weird things. That way, when there is discussion about what I saw, it's available right there to the service advisor to see.

I can't tell you how many times I've brought in various vehicles over the years with intermittent problems, only to be dismissively told by the service department that they couldn't find anything wrong.

If you have this sort of evidence already, nice work. If not, capture some video of it, and elevate the problem to VW Customer Care until it's resolved. They are usually pretty helpful...

Good luck and keep us posted!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:20 am 

We are having the same issue with our 2015 eGolf. It just started a few months ago. But now almost every day when we unplug it to go somewhere we have to turn it on and off for 10 minutes before it doesn't think it is plugged in any longer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:51 pm 

Guess-o-meter suggestion.

Have you considered disconnecting the 12V (Positive side) battery for a few minutes? Then reconnecting it & starting the car?

I've had vehicles in the past where the on board computer "resets" to original factory specs when a full loss of power occurs.

I doubt it would cause harm, if it did VW would put in its owners manual "don't do this."

Kinda like on my yota ICE when the check engine light would come on, we'd pull the ECM fuse & the ECM would reset to original factory setting.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:32 pm 

Verbruggan wrote:
Guess-o-meter suggestion.

Have you considered disconnecting the 12V (Positive side) battery for a few minutes? Then reconnecting it & starting the car?

I've had vehicles in the past where the on board computer "resets" to original factory specs when a full loss of power occurs.

I doubt it would cause harm, if it did VW would put in its owners manual "don't do this."

Kinda like on my yota ICE when the check engine light would come on, we'd pull the ECM fuse & the ECM would reset to original factory setting.

That is a good suggestion; was this tried? did it help at all ?

Thanks
D

04 f350 Farm Truck
2013 Tiguan SEL ( still going strong at 100,000, now with my mother. )

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:18 am 

Our 2015 eGolf had a similar issue just 6 days after it's delivery in pouring rain in the middle of the road :(
Our VW shop had the car in for more than 4 weeks, they finally claimed it was due to a plug in the high voltage charger not seated/mounted properly from production that caused this. Luckily never seen this issue since now 4 years later ;)