Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Your highest mileage before re-charging
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 pm
Posts: 66
Up until this past Sunday my longest distance between charges was 117 miles. While I didn't seek to deplete the battery, I had to make a side trip which ended up putting me in the red zone. I made it to the charger after driving 123.7 miles with estimated 21 remaining. Probably could have gotten more range if I had not run the heater. Most of the driving was in 50-68 F weather with limited highway and hills.

Would be interesting to hear what numbers other drivers are getting between charges.


Image https://photos.app.goo.gl/jpwC67epbpAMesW43

Image https://photos.app.goo.gl/YNOFYhs3auCOvcUV2

_________________
2017 e-Golf SE US Ver


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your highest mileage before re-charging
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm
Posts: 2329
SocaleGolf wrote:
Up until this past Sunday my longest distance between charges was 117 miles. While I didn't seek to deplete the battery, I had to make a side trip which ended up putting me in the red zone. I made it to the charger after driving 123.7 miles with estimated 21 remaining. Probably could have gotten more range if I had not run the heater. Most of the driving was in 50-68 F weather with limited highway and hills.

Would be interesting to hear what numbers other drivers are getting between charges.


Image https://photos.app.goo.gl/jpwC67epbpAMesW43

Image https://photos.app.goo.gl/YNOFYhs3auCOvcUV2


What year and model is your e-Golf? 24.3 kwh battery or 35.8 kwh?

_________________
2015 e-Golf SEL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your highest mileage before re-charging
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:48 am 
Online

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:18 pm
Posts: 439
Obviously a 2017 as the the "low fuel" light is on with 21 miles of range remaining.

_________________
2017 e-Golf LE, Multi Coat White with Black Vegan Leather interior


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your highest mileage before re-charging
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 pm
Posts: 66
Sorry, yes 2017 SE.

_________________
2017 e-Golf SE US Ver


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your highest mileage before re-charging
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:30 pm
Posts: 22
From time to time, I'll try and out-do my last "think blue" score for an entire charge cycle. For some reason my last score achieved must have encountered a glitch, as my distance traveled/km remaining would be unattainable under normal circumstance, but I'll take it as I'm just an EV driving Master :D

http://imgur.com/768Cwwy

On another note, I returned home the other day and only had about 20kms range remaining. I decided to drive around the neighbourhood to drain the battery in the name of SCIENCE!! But actually just to know for future... That once the battery is fully drained, there is still a buffer of energy remaining. I wasn't brave enough to drive too far away from my home charger to find out the exact range remaining...but I might try it in the future. Did you know that?!?! Now you know!!!!

http://imgur.com/0Hs8Oqc

_________________
- 2017 vw e-golf / urano grey / tech package / leatherette -
-2010 vw golf sportwagen TDI / blue graphite pearl /
6 speed manual / leatherette (recalled)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your highest mileage before re-charging
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm
Posts: 2329
Out of my 2015 SEL with 24.2 kWh battery, I believe I have gotten 115 mile, a couple of times. I have gotten 100 to 106 miles at least 10 to 15x, but I usually just recharge when the tank indicator is between 1/4 and 1/3 full. Easy to do if you drive it conservatively and get 6 to 6.3 Miles per kwh, which has been happening for me for close to 2 years now. Took 5 to 6 months to optimize my driving manners and adjust my patience level to do so, in the very beginning.

_________________
2015 e-Golf SEL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your highest mileage before re-charging
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:12 am
Posts: 44
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (NoCa)
JoulesThief wrote:
Out of my 2015 SEL with 24.2 kWh battery, I believe I have gotten 115 mile, a couple of times. I have gotten 100 to 106 miles at least 10 to 15x, but I usually just recharge when the tank indicator is between 1/4 and 1/3 full. Easy to do if you drive it conservatively and get 6 to 6.3 Miles per kwh, which has been happening for me for close to 2 years now. Took 5 to 6 months to optimize my driving manners and adjust my patience level to do so, in the very beginning.

I drive on highway 97% of my commute. It is 30mi distance each way. I thing it is not possible to get 6,3mi/kwh on highway. Or not?

_________________
VW eGolf 2017 SE
VW Jetta 2012 SE
VW Jetta 2005
VW Passat 2002 GLS
VW Caddy 2006
VW Golf 1995


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your highest mileage before re-charging
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:13 pm
Posts: 1269
Location: Los Altos, CA
YeGolf wrote:
JoulesThief wrote:
Out of my 2015 SEL with 24.2 kWh battery, I believe I have gotten 115 mile, a couple of times. I have gotten 100 to 106 miles at least 10 to 15x, but I usually just recharge when the tank indicator is between 1/4 and 1/3 full. Easy to do if you drive it conservatively and get 6 to 6.3 Miles per kwh, which has been happening for me for close to 2 years now. Took 5 to 6 months to optimize my driving manners and adjust my patience level to do so, in the very beginning.

I drive on highway 97% of my commute. It is 30mi distance each way. I thing it is not possible to get 6,3mi/kwh on highway. Or not?

It is not possible at speeds consistently over 55mph. The average speed must be much lower, like 45mph and few stops to get 6mi/kWh. JT is retired and as he said above, has the patience to drive slower, even on city streets, to achieve that number.

_________________
2015 e-Golf LE (returned) | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 2012 RAV4 EV Shoreline w/JdeMO | Leviton EVB40 & Jesla Home Charging | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV + 2x Powerwall 2 AC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your highest mileage before re-charging
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:12 am
Posts: 44
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (NoCa)
In the morning traffic my numbers are little bit better.
Distance - 30mi
Av. speed - 38 mph
Av. mi/kwt - 5.2

_________________
VW eGolf 2017 SE
VW Jetta 2012 SE
VW Jetta 2005
VW Passat 2002 GLS
VW Caddy 2006
VW Golf 1995


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your highest mileage before re-charging
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:01 am
Posts: 51
Location: SoCal (Costa Mesa)
miimura wrote:
It is not possible at speeds consistently over 55mph ... JT is retired and as he said above, has the patience to drive slower, even on city streets, to achieve that number.


JT is the ideal e-Golf owner...hypermiler at it's best

Pop quiz: Does anyone recall why our government created the "Stay Alive…Drive 55" campaign back in the early 70s?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
© Volkswagen e-Golf Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group