Poor range on 2019 e golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golf2904

Bought a 2019 e-golf last week and the range seems to be very poor. Today I let the battery run down to 10% and charged it then to 100% it's showing a range of 170km after that. I never use AC I don't go over 90km/h (55mph) and don't accelerate hard.

When I charged from 10% to 100% today the charger said I used 19.5kw of energy that would indicate a full battery capacity of 21.67kw. That can't be right the car only has 22000km on it (13.5k miles)??

Bought a 2019 e-golf last week and the range seems to be very poor. Today I let the battery run down to 10% and charged it then to 100% it's showing a range of 170km after that. I never use AC I don't go over 90km/h (55mph) and don't accelerate hard.

When I charged from 10% to 100% today the charger said I used 19.5kw of energy that would indicate a full battery capacity of 21.67kw. That can't be right the car only has 22000km on it (13.5k miles)??
Something sounds wrong with charging data, though 170 km sounds about right, depending on weather and how you drive. What is the ambient temperature? Are you driving up big hills? Are you sure you didn’t purchase a 2016 or older e-Golf?

Battery warranty is 8 years - 100,000 miles so pack is probably under warranty, if there is a pack issue.

Weather is about 10-12 degrees Celsius at the moment. Not warm but certainly not cold either. And yes the car is 100% a 2019 model lol.

It's under warranty until 2027 or 160,000km so I've a good bit of warranty left.

Just wanted to be sure. I agree at 10 C it should have more range - you said AC off, but what about heat?

I haven't used air conditioning or heating at all. Very dissapointed to be honest, 200km range would have been fine for me but 170km max driving like a granny with no heating isn't going to cut it.

I haven't used air conditioning or heating at all. Very dissapointed to be honest, 200km range would have been fine for me but 170km max driving like a granny with no heating isn't going to cut it.
Sure, I understand. You could plug in an OBD dongle and use Car Scanner to confirm usable capacity. FYI my car shows 28.5 kWh usable at 100% SoC and my car has 70,000 miles.

OK man thanks ill order the dongle this week and see where I stand. Hopefully if it as low as I think VW will replace.

Back