US SEL Trim specifics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilSpock

I've been scouring all the information I can find as I'm interested in getting one in the US. A few points of interest:

• US Infotainment Screen - only 5.8". All UK trims are 8"
  • US Seats - Plastic only. I'd rather have cloth or leather (both available in UK)
  • US Seat Adjustments - Electric except forward/backward
  • Colors - I've only seen the US version in beige interior, blue exterior. I pray there are more options, beige interior would be a deal breaker for me.
  • Spare Tire - Interestingly there is a wheel well, but I don't know about a spare tire. UK has options for special items for this space like an integrated subwoofer.
  • Charge Port Location - US rear passenger side. This is awful for US drivers, seems like a major oversight. All other EV makers I know put the charge port at the front of the car, because most chargers you drive head-up to. A front charge port would best suit both European and US drivers.
  • ChargePoint - They advertise every e-golf comes with a card, but this is of no value since the cards are free. What is the point of this?
  • Free Car Rental - Personally I don't want the hassle of dealing with a rental, I'd rather have a lower car price, even if it's only $100.
  • Range - US 70-90 miles. This is much lower than NEDC rating of 118 miles. Would be nice to know if 100+ mile range is possible.

My two local VW dealers who are supposed to get the car haven't been able to give me one bit of information. The first time I called the guy had no idea VW was making an EV.

Back