Where is trip odometer (2017 e-golf)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raghu1111

I am a bit embarrassed to ask this, but I can't find the trip odometer in my 2017 e-golf. The manual casually mentioned it is on left bottom side of the instrument pannel. What I see is regular odometer at the left bottom corner and 'estimated miles left with charge' on the right bottom corner. When I press '0.0' button, nothing happens, when I press and hold it, it brings up clock setting screen on the instrument pannel.

Thanks.

The odometer display when you turn off the car.
raghu1111 said:
I am a bit embarrassed to ask this, but I can't find the trip odometer in my 2017 e-golf. The manual casually mentioned it is on left bottom side of the instrument pannel. What I see is regular odometer at the left bottom corner and 'estimated miles left with charge' on the right bottom corner. When I press '0.0' button, nothing happens, when I press and hold it, it brings up clock setting screen on the instrument pannel.

Thanks.

Keep holding the 0.0 button. It should cycle through different settings. Release it when it gets to the one you want.

Thanks. If I keep holding it it goes from 'Time'--> 'Service' --> 'Trip odometer'.
Wow! It is like they really didn't want anyone to use it.

I spent some time puzzling about the lack of a non-trip odometer on my DAP equipped model, with the “Active Info Display”. Turns out that it only shows the odometer when the cruise control is off. Since the cruise control retains its on-off status when the car is shut off, I didn’t figure this out until I accidentally turned the cruise off when going for the resume button.

The owners manual is so thick, and yet contains so little useful information.

Back