OBD data logger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owo

Does anyone use an OBD data logger with their e-Golf? I mean something that stays plugged in and gathers data over time as opposed to just using the port for diagnostics/mods. I used an Automatic Pro with my ICE which I absolutely loved, but it wasn't designed for EVs and doesn't work well with the e-Golf (it records a new "trip" every time the car comes to a stop). I don't have any specific requirements in terms of what data I'd want other than "the more, the better"; I just love poring over data.

I'm looking for such OBD now for some time, but each time I think I found the right time I get negative answer from producer "it does not support eGolf..."
If you find it please poste it here :)

Just to get temperature of my eGolf battary is not worth this money.
I still can not understand VW why the hide this data from users and of course % of battery. Each car has this. This is as you in your petrol car would not have gage for gasoline in your tank....

mkonci said:
Just to get temperature of my eGolf battary is not worth this money.
I still can not understand VW why the hide this data from users and of course % of battery. Each car has this. This is as you in your petrol car would not have gage for gasoline in your tank....

No, it's like an idiot light that goes off when you overheat your engine. VW's software will cut power to the motor if the windings get too hot, or the battery gets too hot. If they are getting too hot and you are getting power reduction, you are driving the car in a manner inconsistent with engineering designs, goals and currrent or amperage usage. It's really that simple. VW designs it for efficiency, not for sport or aggressive driving. You are comparing your E-Golf to a smart phone. If you want percentage of charge, you should have noticed that on the test drive, that it wasn't present. Don't complain about it now.

Don’t know what tour problem is but I never sed that I’m not satisfied with eGolf. I love this car! About this light I din’t know that’s good info. In last 26.000 km did not saw it so I guess I’m driving OK. About % I would still like to have somewhere % instead just battery where you have to count bars and guess where exactly you are. Now by digital display gauges I assume it’s just some code sentences to do tha.
But still I can live without that too.

FleetCarma has an EV compatible OBD data logging solution. However, I'm not sure if it is available to consumers or just fleets.

Back