Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: End of Lease Inspection
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:22 pm 

VW credit normal end of lease options are return the car or buyout the car. If you call VW Credit, they mention the third option, which is to extend the lease for up to 6 months. The payment is the same, the residue value goes down correspondingly. (I assume the mileage limit goes up, but I actually did not specifically ask.)
The whole process is very short once you get connected to a live person.

I went with that option for my 2016 SE with lease ending end of October.
Since I still have the intentions to keep the car after 6 months, I will schedule a service to double check on the conditions before the 36-months is up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:57 pm 

Time for my car to go back (In Dec)
since I was under the 90 day limit I got it inspected.

Here's my charge/issue list:
Big Ding - No Charge (Under golf ball size)
Small Ding but deep - No Charge
Non Matching 4th Tire - No Charge (Got a blowout and they replaced it with a Bridgestone but not an Ecopia)
Water stains on 3 seats - No Charge (Damn these seats change color with any kind of liquid)
Missing 2nd Key at Inspection - $168 (Yikes)
Broken Front Windshield - $350 (I was quoted at $550 to fix, so I'm just going to turn it in)
Having 1 tire at 4/32 - No Charge

As a Note : The crack on the windshield has to be 2" or more to count. Small chips don't count.

My inspector congratulated me for calling it in early otherwise I would probably had to pay for at least the extra tire if he had shown up 3 months later.
I'm looking for a new car but no good specials are out (And I don't want a Fiat 500e again). The VW was nice, and was a good price ($200/month $0 Drive off) but I like my wife's Kia much more.

2015 Fiat 500e (Returned)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:12 pm 

VW charged us for the "missing key" from the report even though the actual dealer return form indicated both keys were received. I had to call them and submit a copy of the dealer return acknowledgement. Then they took it off the lease closing invoice. Then, we only owed the Disposition Fee.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:45 pm 

Just completed my lease end inspection! The car is in excellent condition so no findings nor extra charge for anything. All tires are still above the minimum specs at 7/32 (with one of the tires at 6/32); not too bad for 36,750 miles.
I will most likely go for the lease extension since there seems to be nothing great available in the next couple months.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:38 am 

pheonix wrote:
I will most likely go for the lease extension since there seems to be nothing great available in the next couple months.

If you are thinking of a GM plug-in for your next car, you may not want to wait too long. GM is expected to hit the 200k mark before the end of the year, so the $7500 tax credit gets reduced starting on April 1, 2019.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:40 am 

forbin404 wrote:
I'm looking for a new car but no good specials are out (And I don't want a Fiat 500e again). The VW was nice, and was a good price ($200/month $0 Drive off) but I like my wife's Kia much more.

Does Honda still have that excellent lease deal on the Clarity EV?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:05 am 

Rondawg-Thank you for the info on GM! The Volt is on the bottom of my list as i want a pure EV.

Yes, i believe Honda is still offering the Clarity EV for $199/month (with $1,499 at signing). This is a good deal for someone driving a lot since Honda allow 20k miles/year. However, the range is mediocre at 89 miles/charge.
I think these are the current Mfgr offers for the bay area:
-Nissan Leaf: 151 miles/charge, $229/month for 36 months with $3,979 at signing, 12k miles/year
-Hyundai Ioniq EV: 121 miles/charge, $295/month for 36 months with $2,500 at signing, unlimited miles.
Hopefully there will be more attractive lease offers toward the end of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:23 pm 

pheonix wrote:
Rondawg-Thank you for the info on GM! The Volt is on the bottom of my list as i want a pure EV.

GM also makes a pure EV...confusingly named the Bolt.

Quote:
Yes, i believe Honda is still offering the Clarity EV for $199/month (with $1,499 at signing). This is a good deal for someone driving a lot since Honda allow 20k miles/year. However, the range is mediocre at 89 miles/charge.

It is but no worse than early EV’s like the 1st gen Leaf or pre-2017 eGolf. Having a standard quick charge port helps as well. For people who can live with the range, the price is irresistible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:11 am 

RonDawg wrote:
pheonix wrote:

GM also makes a pure EV...confusingly named the Bolt.

Quote:

It is but no worse than early EV’s like the 1st gen Leaf or pre-2017 eGolf. Having a standard quick charge port helps as well. For people who can live with the range, the price is irresistible.

Yes, I am aware of the Bolt! However, i don't think you can lease a Bolt for less than $375/month!
I agreed, it is a great deal for those could live with the range! However, those kind of ranges are barely work for me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:56 pm 

Do they check if the scheduled maintenance has been completed or not ?

I am approaching my lease return date and 30K maintenance is due.