What Charging Lead is provided on purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

587rober

Hi,

I am new to the forum, so it is nice to find somewhere for advice.

I am about to place an order for a UK e-Golf. Having done my research and gone for a test drive I concluded that I knew more about the car than the dealer giving me the test drive! He did not seem to know much about electric vehicles at all really, which is a shame considering that VW UK has restricted the sales to 24 specially selected dealers across the country for some reason.

I have looked that the spec and the brochure, but one thing it does not say is which charging lead will be provided as standard. Will this be a 3-Pin, UK standard 16amp power lead that plugs into the wall?

I already have a charging point at home which is a female type 2 on a 40 amp circuit. I am sure a 3 pin is a useful back up for emergencies, but it will not be much use day to day. Will I need to buy another lead?

Charles

This is from the VW site:

300x300_eGolf_CSSCharging.jpg

The CCS (Combined Charging System) provides a charging cable with two different plugs: one to charge up from a domestic mains socket, charging station or wall box using AC (Alternating Current); the other for fast charging at a public charging station using DC (Direct Current).

Found on this page:
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/e-golf-vii/explore

In the 'driving features' section, click the right arrow to see the next slide.

Back