Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Any e-golf owners in Arizona?
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:17 am 

How is your e golf doing ? I just bought 2016 e golf 17,00 mil Im in Peoria Az

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:47 am 

sunflower wrote:

It's doing excellent. Pulled into work this AM with 50,380mi on the odometer, everything just humming along. Still love driving it every morning, hitting the limiter on the 51 trying to keep up with traffic! LOL, I hope that didn't summon JT...

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:12 pm 

:roll:
Spektre wrote:
sunflower wrote:

It's doing excellent. Pulled into work this AM with 50,380mi on the odometer, everything just humming along. Still love driving it every morning, hitting the limiter on the 51 trying to keep up with traffic! LOL, I hope that didn't summon JT...

Full spectrum VW owner, life is too short to wait to drive for a recharge.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:46 am 

Almost to 13k miles on my 2017 (almost 8k put on since January). Commuting from N. Peoria to DTPHX each morning on the 17. Very, very happy with the vehicle. Some occasional strange hiccups with the infotainment system, but nothing that shutting the car off and restarting doesn't cure.

Anybody have an idea if the local VW dealers can work on these vehicles yet? As of January nobody could, but I am wondering if they're getting the 'techs educated to work on them (specifically Peoria VW).

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjF0E8bFmzXYhNM9XEcacd7MHrM4Kw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:36 am 

Just purchased a used 2016 e-Golf with 26K miles. So far, so good. I like the direct drive a lot more than (for comparison) the feel of a CVT with a gas engine.
From the CarFax it was originally from Glendale, CA, although I am in AZ (Phoenix area).
I would like to use the higher regeneration settings but I found the most extreme B setting a little much so far. I am used to stick shift cars with some engine braking.
What do people use for regeneration settings?
Also, I understand higher numeric numbers on the consumption/regeneration dial indicate more consumption, but is there a particular meaning to 2 vs. 4 vs. 8, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:46 am 

Spektre wrote:
raidn wrote:
I've been considering picking up a used 2017 SEL for my commute from eastern Mesa to Northern Scottsdale. My main concern is whether the air cooled battery pack is going to send it into limp mode and leave me stranded or moving slow in the summer. Anyone had any issues?

No, never any issues from heat while driving - the car performs admirably. Coming up rapidly on 50,000 miles on it without a hiccup (other than the horrible behavior when your 12V battery fails!)

My daily commute is from North Scottsdale to South Scottsdale (almost Tempe), so about 20 miles each way.

I hope to keep my 2015 on the road for at least another two years, by which time I expect VW will have some newer models to replace it with (First choice would be the ID 'Neo', second would be the Buzz - not sure if/when either model will show up.)

What is the "horrible behavior when the 12V battery fails?"
Just purchased a 2016.
I had a Porsche Boxster that was pretty interesting when the battery failed ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:38 am 

HighMR wrote:
Spektre wrote:
raidn wrote:
I've been considering picking up a used 2017 SEL for my commute from eastern Mesa to Northern Scottsdale. My main concern is whether the air cooled battery pack is going to send it into limp mode and leave me stranded or moving slow in the summer. Anyone had any issues?

No, never any issues from heat while driving - the car performs admirably. Coming up rapidly on 50,000 miles on it without a hiccup (other than the horrible behavior when your 12V battery fails!)

My daily commute is from North Scottsdale to South Scottsdale (almost Tempe), so about 20 miles each way.

I hope to keep my 2015 on the road for at least another two years, by which time I expect VW will have some newer models to replace it with (First choice would be the ID 'Neo', second would be the Buzz - not sure if/when either model will show up.)

Just purchased a 2016.

My experience with the 12V battery failure

In a nutshell, the car becomes totally inoperable without warning and bucks like a bronco - no way to pull over gracefully, no coasting, potential for whiplash... it's pretty scary, and I'm thankful it didn't happen on the highway or far from home!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:22 pm 

Image7801 wrote:
Almost to 13k miles on my 2017 (almost 8k put on since January). Commuting from N. Peoria to DTPHX each morning on the 17. Very, very happy with the vehicle. Some occasional strange hiccups with the infotainment system, but nothing that shutting the car off and restarting doesn't cure.

Anybody have an idea if the local VW dealers can work on these vehicles yet? As of January nobody could, but I am wondering if they're getting the 'techs educated to work on them (specifically Peoria VW).

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjF0E8bFmzXYhNM9XEcacd7MHrM4Kw

Sorry I didn't see this sooner - at least one tech at VW North Scottsdale is trained to work on the eGolf now, not sure about any other dealers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:03 pm 

Spektre wrote:
HighMR wrote:

Just purchased a 2016.

My experience with the 12V battery failure

In a nutshell, the car becomes totally inoperable without warning and bucks like a bronco - no way to pull over gracefully, no coasting, potential for whiplash... it's pretty scary, and I'm thankful it didn't happen on the highway or far from home![/quote]

Good to know. Reading along with your post and the reply, sounds like you could replace it pre-emptively, but much cheaper than the dealer if you know what to buy (not a standard battery) and know how to code for that. Or if there was a way to test its condition ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8