Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Driver personalization settings
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:51 pm 

I know that driver personalization is supposed to store the driving mode but every time I set it to Eco it goes back to Normal the next time I start the car. How do I get the car to save Eco as the desired driving mode?

Also, is there any way to reload the last recuperation mode you used? So if you shut off the car with level 3 can you have it set to level 3 the next time you start the car?

Finally, how exactly does the personalization work? I assumed that if you make any changes while you are the stored driver, that your last-used settings will be reloaded (if someone else changed them) the next time you use the car. So you don't have to do anything to "save" the settings, the last settings are just remembered for next time. Is that right? If not, how do you manually get the car to save your settings?

Post subject: Re: Driver personalization settings
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 pm 

Unfortunately, neither driving mode nor recuperation level are stored in the personalisation :(

You can get the same range as Eco mode in Normal mode by driving smoothly, and even more by switching between D modes to maximize coasting, but it can be quite a different driving style and I can understand why that might not be appealing if you just want a car that drives like a car.

If you do prefer eco mode, it theoretically could be possible to modify the coding on the car with an OBD tool to enable the driving mode profile to be retained. Golf R remembers its driving mode, so its likely the same coding. From what I can tell there doesn't seem to be a way to get any Golf to remember 'transmission mode', though.

I believe you are correct regarding how personalisation works. It should just remember.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 pm 

is this personalization available on an SE? I just got a 2019 SE and I don't believe I have this capability.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:04 pm 

Did it ask for your name when you ‘set up’ the car, and does it welcome you by name when you start it? if no, it’s an SEL feature.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:46 pm 

coupedncal1 wrote:
is this personalization available on an SE? I just got a 2019 SE and I don't believe I have this capability.

Yes, you have this capability.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:11 am 

I have the feature on my 2019 SE. With the adaptive CC package (matters?). But can't get it to work:

The way I understand it, personalization remembers the setting, radio, climate(?) for different assigned drivers. I think it defaults to the last driver, allowing me to change it when I start the car.

There is a setting to assign a key to a personalization so it automatically switches people depending on the key. Not consistently working for me.

I put it on manual assign, click assign then click the unlock button as instructed. Doesn't stick. What am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:11 am 

bravo0123 wrote:
What am I doing wrong?

From what I understand about the feature, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. It's just a poorly designed, half-baked feature in the e-Golf that's not very discoverable and doesn't work as expected once you have discovered it.