Funny "recall"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a letter from VW yesterday with a maintenance notice.

The notice was along the lines of "Oops! We forgot to attach the mandatory Emissions Control sticker on the car. Here's the sticker and instructions where to put it. Please do it for us."

Not really that odd. I've gotten similar letters from other manufacturers before. Also, the letter did say something to the effect that if you're uncomfortable putting the sticker on, come into the dealership and they'll do it for you. Actually, I appreciate the option. I'd hate to take the car into the dealership and wait an hour for something that I did in about 2 minutes start to finish (including reading the letter and cleaning off the area on the inside of the hood).

I got this in the past couple of days, and I installed the sicker today. I used a little rubbing alcohol and a clean paper towel to clean the area, and let it dry for a bit. No problem.

This "Service Action" was noted on the work order when I took my car in for other issues.
04VWZ01A4 "01A4 E GOLF LABEL" WARRANTY
PER VW. 01A4 SERVICE ACTION TO REPLACE EMISSION CONTROL LABEL
INSTALL LABEL AS PER VW. SPECIAL ORDERED LABEL. WILL SEND TO CUSTOMER UPON ARRIVAL

I received my "Emissions Decal" and went to install it on the car. Our car actually has a decal already attached in the place indicated on the paperwork. The existing label is from a different printing, but the information is all the same. I just put the new label in the glove box

Back