Woke up to a Dead 12V and multiple error messages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmesBuilt

I just purchased a Pre-Owne 2016 eGolf. Upon getting the car home last night I had some issues getting the car to accept the charger. I finally got the flashing green light saying all was well. I went out to my car this morning to find a dead 12V battery and a host of error messages potentially caused by the 12V being dead. Last night after getting the car to charge I noticed the a sound coming from the charge port. I think it was the locking mechanism failing to engage on my aftermarket level 2 charger. My hypothesis is that the locking mechanism tried continuously to engage until the 12V battery got run down. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Can anyone recommend a charger that they know is compatible with the eGolf charge port?

I can't imagine the locking motor would take enough power to drain a 12V battery overnight. I'm thinking the 12V battery was already on its way out.

FWIW, I have the factory level 1 charger and a level 2 charger from Clipper Creek (LCS25P) but my eGolf is a 2019.

I have a Siemens L2 unit which I use for my '15 eGolf. The unit does not have Wifi so I cannot interact with it via an app. Can't comment on your battery issue other than to state that my 12v battery is original at 40K miles and 5 years this month.

Back