Carpool lane setting in Sat Nav

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've look through everything I can and haven't been able to see anything in the Nav settings as far as using carpool lanes during trip calculations, is it me or is this common feature absent? I've look in the manual and through every menu I can find, in Los Angeles this makes a huge difference so was just hoping I missed it.

Thanks!

shawner123 said:
I've look through everything I can and haven't been able to see anything in the Nav settings as far as using carpool lanes during trip calculations, is it me or is this common feature absent? I've look in the manual and through every menu I can find, in Los Angeles this makes a huge difference so was just hoping I missed it.

Thanks!
Which model car comes with it's own Sat Nav? Mine uses Android Auto.

forbin404 said:
shawner123 said:

Thanks!
Which model car comes with it's own Sat Nav? Mine uses Android Auto.
The 2016 SE is the only US e-Golf model that doesn't have its own internal Sat Nav. That said, I've used the Nav very little in our 2015 e-Golf LE because we only drive it within its single charge range and we know our way around. I've only used it to try it out. When I need it, I much prefer using Google Maps navigation because it accounts for traffic, which the VW system does not.

I didn't know any navigation device/app had a "carpool lane" feature. Plus many of the HOV lanes in the greater LA area don't flow as well as they should, like the one along I-210.

RonDawg said:
I didn't know any navigation device/app had a "carpool lane" feature. Plus many of the HOV lanes in the greater LA area don't flow as well as they should, like the one along I-210.

The I-405 from the San Fernando Valley to LAX is the same, in both directions. HOV sticker is of little value there. Too many HOV stickers on Prius's.

Sorry I forgot to mention I have a 2015 with navigation it does incorporate traffic into the directions via Sirius and it works great during rush hour, even being able to go 15 mph in the HOV plane is better than 3 mph on surface streets or regular freeway lanes, it can make the difference of an hour or more. Every Garmin or Tom Tom I've ever owned has a check box to use carpool lanes so I was hoping I just couldnt find it on this one. Thanks for the input.

Back