how to keep radio running while iphone is connected to usb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

I want to listen to the radio, but when the iphone is connected to usb, it will switch from radio to carplay automatically.

Use a separate USB charger if you don't want the phone to interact with the car. Bluetooth will still work as expected for hands free calling, etc.

All you have to do is press the Radio button after you connect your phone and it will switch out of CarPlay and back to the radio. If you want to go back to CarPlay you press the phone button and then you'll see a CarPlay soft button on the bottom left of the screen.

bizzle said:
All you have to do is press the Radio button after you connect your phone and it will switch out of CarPlay and back to the radio. If you want to go back to CarPlay you press the phone button and then you'll see a CarPlay soft button on the bottom left of the screen.
I suspect OP doesn't want to go through that hassle each time he plugs in the phone.

bizzle said:

I know, it will switch back to carplay automatically after a while, when I use Maze.
But I found the trick, in the menu, there is a place to manually disconnect the mobile device, just disconnect it, it will disconnect carplay app but keep my iphone charging via usb cable.

Back