2016 SE back-up camera issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
judah8750 said:
JoulesThief said:
Keep us in the loop if it works, or fails again. Generally speaking, when VW recodes a parameter, it makes the problem go away for good.

Well, 6 days in and the problem has not come back so far. I'm curious why I haven't seen it recommended to recode a parameter to fix this if that's what usually does it. All I found was lots of references to get the J794 module changed. That module is expensive and so obviously they don't like people demanding it be changed. Is TT 91-16-14 a recoding of the parameter?

I'll check in in a week or so or if the problem comes back, but it would be nice for the next guy with the problem reading this to know they could just ask for the recode.

Did it ever occur to you they had to replace the J794 module, until they had their programmers get on it and code a less expensive fix that would resolve the problem and lower their repair costs such that the module no longer needs to be replaced?

JoulesThief said:
judah8750 said:
JoulesThief said:
Keep us in the loop if it works, or fails again. Generally speaking, when VW recodes a parameter, it makes the problem go away for good.

Well, 6 days in and the problem has not come back so far. I'm curious why I haven't seen it recommended to recode a parameter to fix this if that's what usually does it. All I found was lots of references to get the J794 module changed. That module is expensive and so obviously they don't like people demanding it be changed. Is TT 91-16-14 a recoding of the parameter?

I'll check in in a week or so or if the problem comes back, but it would be nice for the next guy with the problem reading this to know they could just ask for the recode.

Did it ever occur to you they had to replace the J794 module, until they had their programmers get on it and code a less expensive fix that would resolve the problem and lower their repair costs such that the module no longer needs to be replaced?

No, that hadn't occurred to me. Mostly because I don't really understand the technical aspects nor do I care to. What I do care for is to help the next person digging through this forum looking for solid information. Why don't you show off your technical prowess and enlighten us on if the TT 91-16-14 is a recoding of the parameter like I asked, or maybe you don't know.

The problem is back, so it looks like TT 91-16-14 doesn't take care of the back-up camera issue.

Brought it in again. They finally replaced the module. Apparently VW officially acknowledged the problem and it will be easier to get the module replaced for people that experience this issue.

Yes, I 've had the same issue with my 2016 egolf, yet I rarely use the camera. Maybe I'll report that to the service mechanics when I bring my car into the dealer for the 10,000 mile service warranty update.

Back