Advice for buying a used E-Golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone looking to sell/cancel their lease early needs to be certain of the economic cost. Technically, if you don't own/lease the vehicle for at least 36 months (it might be shorter, but there is a timeframe in the requirements) you forfeit the $1500 California incentive. They are supposed to check VINs from time to time to verify eligibility but I don't know how often or even if they do it.

That said, we have an SE with 12K miles and I'm curious to see what it's worth in a few months when we return it.

bizzle said:
Anyone looking to sell/cancel their lease early needs to be certain of the economic cost. Technically, if you don't own/lease the vehicle for at least 36 months (it might be shorter, but there is a timeframe in the requirements) you forfeit the $1500 California incentive. They are supposed to check VINs from time to time to verify eligibility but I don't know how often or even if they do it.

That said, we have an SE with 12K miles and I'm curious to see what it's worth in a few months when we return it.
The $2,500 California rebate has a minimum period of 30 months. The only enforcement I've heard of happened when another rebate was claimed. They demanded the pro-rated portion of the prior rebate be returned before they would process the new one.

Hi all... I took the plunge and new am the proud owner of a used Pacific Blue 2015 SEL. I will start a new thread with even more questions.

ckamas said:
Hi all... I took the plunge and new am the proud owner of a used Pacific Blue 2015 SEL. I will start a new thread with even more questions.

Congratulations! We are recent (11/2017) proud owners of a twin to your new car. There will probably be a growing number of us second owners in months to come as more '15s and '16s come off lease and into the used market.

Back