Any new SEL premium lease deals lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if anyone has gotten a good deal this month. I know inventory is low but sells are too.

Ive been bickering with a dealer for a 16 Sel premium
All they will do is
$2k down
$279 a month
10k miles per year

That totals to be $12044 for the 3 year lease (if I'm totaling everything correctly). Been reading and it seems people are getting deals in the $9-10k range which in my opinion sounds more reasonable. Are these good numbers or should I wait?

I have a janitorial company and I feel a EV would work out great for us, plus be a little better on the enviroment

Yes, $12k total before the state rebate is the highest we've seen.

In October, right after the 2016s came out, we were seeing $2500 down & $259/month. So that's $11.5k. If you were a current VW owner, the $2k conquest rebate dropped that to $9.5k. CA state rebate then makes it $7k.

In December it was even better. Inventory was at peak and Non-VW owners got a $1500 conquest rebate, same monthly price with zero down for an even $9k. CA state rebate brings it down to $6500

VW does not seem to be any under pressure to move inventory right now. I'd wait until March or April, hopefully inventory increases and they bring back a factory rebate. If not, wait until the 2017s come out and at that point the fire sale should begin.

If you are bargain hunting right now, I'd give Santa Cruz a call and see how much they want for the 3 2015 LEs that just came on their lot.

I'm in Oregon so no rebate for me.

I know there are 2 good deals down in Medford, 2 2015 Sel premiums for close to $29000, but there lease deals are in the $12-13k range too. I have the pdf of their offer but unsure how to post it. I'm not to interested in purchasing personally or id be all over those!

Guess I will keep lurking, if I find a good deal I'll get it posted up

Is this a good deal.

$1500 down

$285 a month for 36 month

12k miles per year

This would be for a 15 SEL

Thoughts?

Scottyfofo said:
Is this a good deal.

$1500 down

12k miles per year

Thoughts?
You sure that isn't for a 2016? $11.5k for 3 years.
For a 2015 that's sorta bad.

Scottyfofo said:
Is this a good deal.

$1500 down

12k miles per year

Thoughts?

Forget leasing it... do you qualify for the $7500 federal income tax credit? If you do, offer them $25,000 before taxes, title and registration. Have your own financing lined up. Talk to the internet sales manager, leave them your offer, with your e mail address and your phone number, and leave immediately. Do this around March 25th-28th, or what ever Monday is closest to those dates.

Wait until they approach you, don't approach them. Do this to 4 different dealerships on the same day, if in and around Portland Oregon, call them and leave only your email address and phone number, tell them you want to get this deal done before month end. Also tell them you don't want them wasting your time with add ons, service contracts, etc. Getting it and owning it for 17.5 k, your accountant can take depreciation on it.

I hope YOU plan on driving it, not employees.

Here's the lease quote.

Price $36549
Lithia discount $6401
Rebates $8500
Customer price $21648
Customer cash down payment $1500
Title fee $115
Bank acquisition fee $625
DMV fees $273
Adjusted cap cost $21445
Term 36 months/36000 miles
0.00095 LMF
Residual balance $12342
Payments $284.99

So that's the quote, where do I need to negotiate? Is the residual set to low? I've never leased a car before so this is new for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Price $36549
Lithia discount $6401

Duuuuuuudde. What year model is the car?

17% dealer discount off MSRP on a 2016 is excellent. For a 2015? Meh, it's fair.

Money factor of 0.00095 is decent. I think someone else had recently posted 0.00080 but it depends on credit score.

Its a 15

I'm thinking about walking on the deal. Bums me out I've been wanting one since they hit the showroom floor

Scottyfofo said:
Its a 15

I'm thinking about walking on the deal. Bums me out I've been wanting one since they hit the showroom floor
If that's a 2015 SEL... I'd walk. Wait until the 2017 or 2018 models come out with 32 kw batteries, instead.

In the future, always include the year and model when quoting leasing offers, all the info needs to be together in one post.

Your customer price needs to be around $15,600, not $21,600. Really, they are wasting your time. Wait another year or two.

JoulesThief said:
Your customer price needs to be around $15,600, not $21,600. Really, they are wasting your time. Wait another year or two.

The residual is $12k so you'd be asking them to lease it for under $100/month. That's never gonna happen. I think a customer price of $20k is what he should aim for, assuming he really wants it now rather than wait for a larger battery.

As a reference point, someone in New England just got a 2015 SEL for $27,500. Subtract the $7500 fed tax credit and you're at $20k. Very simple math.

I don't think you'll get them to come down to even that, just being that in CA and OR there's eco-concious buyers and the dealer knows they'll sell them regardless of gas prices. Sucks, but that's the price we pay for living on the left coast.

Well I ended up purchasing it.

I haggled and haggled annnddd haggled but couldn't get the price down any farther. After trying with multiple dealers this deal still beat all of them. Plus inventory through out Oregon was very low and new deliveries were a couple months out.

Have to say I'm glad I purchased it, I LOVE THIS CAR even with all the funny corks with the 2015s.

Plus, I use it for work a lot. I have a janitorial cleaning business that requires a lot of driving around. Last month I logged 480 miles of work miles with it so 480 x .54 = a check of $259.20 for travel expenses woot and I didn't even have it for the whole month. That almost covers the lease payment.

Scottyfofo said:
Well I ended up purchasing it.

I haggled and haggled annnddd haggled but couldn't get the price down any farther. After trying with multiple dealers this deal still beat all of them. Plus inventory through out Oregon was very low and new deliveries were a couple months out.

Have to say I'm glad I purchased it, I LOVE THIS CAR even with all the funny corks with the 2015s.

Plus, I use it for work a lot. I have a janitorial cleaning business that requires a lot of driving around. Last month I logged 480 miles of work miles with it so 480 x .54 = a check of $259.20 for travel expenses woot and I didn't even have it for the whole month. That almost covers the lease payment.

That mirrors my experience so far with my purchased 2015 SEL.

Do your self a favor, go in the Technical section here and find the 72F HVAC thread and how to get the dealership to fix it for you so it remembers your settings. Also the recharger recall also. There is also a trick to get your radio to remember the channel it was last on too. If you leave the radio switch on with the ignition on off switch off, it usually remembers the station you left it on if using the radio.

Post up a picture of your new to you e-Golf here, and congratulations on doing a good job getting a fair deal on your purchase.

Here's mine:

20160309_134030_zpsgjwwnypw.jpg

Hi

I'm finally picking up my 2015 SEL Premium (silver) in NJ got it for $25,965 OTD!

I wanted to share the following info, I have another dealer located in Middletown, NY that is willing to sell a 2015 SEL Premium for $25,499 OTD (silver) if someone is interested. The only reason I'm not taking the deal is that I can't get there any time soon. I can provided contact info if someone is interested.

The other dealers I talked to in NJ were not willing to go any lower than $27,500 OTD even when I told them about the two other offers above.

Hope that helps someone.

GUILLAUME said:
Hi

I'm finally picking up my 2015 SEL Premium (silver) in NJ got it for $25,965 OTD!

I wanted to share the following info, I have another dealer located in Middletown, NY that is willing to sell a 2015 SEL Premium for $25,499 OTD (silver) if someone is interested. The only reason I'm not taking the deal is that I can't get there any time soon. I can provided contact info if someone is interested.

The other dealers I talked to in NJ were not willing to go any lower than $27,500 OTD even when I told them about the two other offers above.

Hope that helps someone.

Take off the registration, title and plate fees of NJ and then let us know what you paid, as not all of us live in NJ. We need to compare apples to apples. TIA

GUILLAUME said:
Hi

Hope that helps someone.
Congratz, did you plan out how to charge it now? There are many chargers though people here seem to be set on the Clipper Creek and if you get an electrician to mount the plug near the panel you can save some money.

JoulesThief said:
GUILLAUME said:
Hi

Hope that helps someone.

Take off the registration, title and plate fees of NJ and then let us know what you paid, as not all of us live in NJ. We need to compare apples to apples. TIA

All the fees add up to $665. So looking at $25,300.

forbin404 said:
GUILLAUME said:
Hi

Congratz, did you plan out how to charge it now? There are many chargers though people here seem to be set on the Clipper Creek and if you get an electrician to mount the plug near the panel you can save some money.

forbin404,

Yes I will be getting a EVSE for home I will have the guy doing my solar system also install the 220V outlet. I have been reading about EVSE for few hours yesterday and I think I'm leaning toward the JuiceBox because of it's portability. I thought the ClipperCreek had unresolved issues? Was the issue the preset charging time not working, because if that's the case my understanding is that few EVSE have the same issue...to be accurate the egolf software is not compatible.

GUILLAUME said:
forbin404 said:
GUILLAUME said:
Hi

forbin404,

Yes I will be getting a EVSE for home I will have the guy doing my solar system also install the 220V outlet. I have been reading about EVSE for few hours yesterday and I think I'm leaning toward the JuiceBox because of it's portability. I thought the ClipperCreek had unresolved issues? Was the issue the preset charging time not working, because if that's the case my understanding is that few EVSE have the same issue...to be accurate the egolf software is not compatible.
Start a new thread on that or review the older ones so the guys who don't look in this thread can give you some better advice.

I use a Leviton EVR-Green Mini for my charging needs but the plug a 6-30 is really an odd plug type in the world of 220V (But home depot had it cheap)

Back