Bedford MA dealer lists Holiday savings $28,765- lease :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.minutemanvw.com/VehicleDetails/new-2015-Volkswagen-e_Golf-4dr_HB_SEL_Premium-Bedford-MA/2389125353

Ends today 1-2-2015 and I am sure the link will not work for long ... but thought this was kinda funny. Savings of $7500 . I wonder if it is a "used" model or something and and it is the Fed Credit?

I have not called or gone by. I may later today but I am waiting on the Roto-Rooter guy :(
They are in my town and I do have to go out today.

I am not willing to buy today as I am still waiting for Tony William's test drive to see what the actual Mileage he gets on one charge.

So, There is it. IF I get there today I will ask about it and see what they say (and let you know).

I have a screen shot of it in case they balk.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Edit is that it's the Lease. Looks like they would be selling for full price MRSP. He also said that the monthly payment is just under $500 with no money down. Said they had someone there to lease but they couldn't get the $$ to what he wanted - which to me means that they are high on their price and not willing to go down

I'm pretty certain they're including your 7500 federal tax credit in that (assuming you owe taxes of at least that amount...a lot of people don't)

Ron

The dealer is being very deceptive to say the sales ends 1/2/2015 since the 7500 tax credit is good for all of 2015. Also, it's not a sale because without the 7500, it's just the full MSRP price of 36,245. I bought mine for 35, 000 which was a true discount

Ron

Exactly.
I asked him about that, but he didn't elaborate, just said it ends today but there is another $2k discount that starts today.................. for the Lease.

He seemed very much wanting to just lease and not sell. They only have the 1 car, and so do all the other dealers. Said that they all will only get 3-6 for the YEAR.

I know they make more $$ on a lease and you have to be very careful about your numbers on the leases as they squeeze stuff in to it.
He was even trying to get me to lease after I said I only wanted to buy and I was a "long time car keeper". That is when he started to talk about buying at the end of the lease (and pay taxes again).
WHAAA?? Why would I lease knowing that I would buy at the end.

It is still a nice looking car, which is the only reason I consider it over the Kia.
But still have to see what Tony had for the Mileage test he did on the E-Golf to know which way I swing on this.

tigger19687 said:
WHAAA?? Why would I lease knowing that I would buy at the end.

The $7500 tax credit is one reason you might do that. It is non-refundable which means if you don't owe that much in taxes, you don't get the full benefit. If you lease, you don't have to worry about whether you qualify for the whole thing. VW technically owns the car, so they take the full $7500 credit and (presumably) pass it on to you as a down payment. Then when you buy out the lease, that $7500 is already taken off the price of the car.

Leasing also lets you upgrade more easily in 3 years, if a better battery is available.

As for the taxes, I covered this in a different thread, but while you are technically paying taxes twice, you are only paying partial taxes each time. It adds up to the same amount whether you buy upfront or lease and then buy.

Minuteman was where I first test drove the e-Golf. I got much better offers from Boston VW and Norwood Gallery where I eventually leased my car. Other dealers I called also had better offers. See my complete breakdown in the MSRP thread on page 3. By my calculations about $5-7,000 better than MM was asking.

For leasing, the $7,500 goes to VW and is how they offer the $299 lease. There is also a $2,500 MA rebate which you get yourself for either buying or leasing. Just fill out some online forms, send some documentation and they mail you a check.

In the cold weather and driving normally and sometimes aggressively, I am getting ranges of 70-85 miles per charge.

Back