CA front license plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bink

My e-Golf doesn't have a way to attach a license plate on the front. Which is required in CA. How is everyone else dealing with this? I just got my plates for the car today and plan on taking it back to the dealership to let them sort it out. I'm just wondering what others are doing.

Mine already had the plastic dealer logo installed as a placeholder so holes and screws were already there. It was from Sunnyvale VW.

Bink said:
My e-Golf doesn't have a way to attach a license plate on the front. Which is required in CA. How is everyone else dealing with this? I just got my plates for the car today and plan on taking it back to the dealership to let them sort it out. I'm just wondering what others are doing.
Take it to the dealership and they will provide the bracket. They will just use self-tapping screws to attach it to the bumper cover. It should be free since it is required by CA law. That's what I did.

And if they refuse, you can get them in trouble with the DMV for delivering a car in California without the mandatory front plate bracket.

Back