California Clean Air Vehicle Decal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RonDawg said:
cliffrdog said:
Thanks for the tips @RonDawg! At least you gave me a rough timeline of what to expect. I think I'll play it safe and stay in the regular commuter lanes until I get the decal. It's not worth the trouble of possibly fighting a ticket in court, time is money.

As carpool lane violation convictions are over $400, definitely not worth the risk.

I didn't realize that the penalty for that infraction was that expensive. Tickets are never any fun to deal with. Just to be clear (and this is a noob question here) the decal you are talking about are the green stickers right? I don't have an electric car yet so forgive my inexperience

RPowell said:
the decal you are talking about are the green stickers right? I don't have an electric car yet so forgive my inexperience

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/decal

For the e-Golf, it's white stickers, which are for all-electric, natural gas, and fuel cell cars.

The green stickers are for plug-in hybrids (Chevy Volt, BMW i3 Rex, Ford Fusion, etc)

Both are available and valid up until January 1st, 2019

TwoCarsAWeek said:
Is there any talk of extending the validity date of the decals, especially the White one?
I doubt the Legislature will start talking about this until 2018. They need to get a good idea about the market progress for plug-in cars before they decide. Personally, I think they should let the Green stickers expire and extend the White stickers for 3 years - to Jan 2022. By then, go back to true HOV only.

miimura said:
Personally, I think they should let the Green stickers expire and extend the White stickers for 3 years - to Jan 2022. By then, go back to true HOV only.

I have similar sentiments, but would prefer they re-define the criteria for Green stickers require a 40+ mile battery range to encourage more Volt and i3 Rex sales. Drivers of those end up doing 70-90% of their miles electric and in terms of real-world CO2 output they're extremely close to BEVs.

johnnylingo said:
miimura said:
Personally, I think they should let the Green stickers expire and extend the White stickers for 3 years - to Jan 2022. By then, go back to true HOV only.

I have similar sentiments, but would prefer they re-define the criteria for Green stickers require a 40+ mile battery range to encourage more Volt and i3 Rex sales. Drivers of those end up doing 70-90% of their miles electric and in terms of real-world CO2 output they're extremely close to BEVs.

I'd love to see all Volts get a 7.2kw charger on board instead of the dead slow one they use currently, hogging many public charging sites.

I think you will easily get that at Silvertipgraphics.com. I was also in need of custom decal for my business vehicle and they did a great job and now I would be getting some personalized trade show displays too from them.

Back