Charging stops after about 2 minutes???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayuseva

Since a few days I cannot charge my e-golf at my home charging unit anymore: after about 2 minutes of charging (green light wave as usual), the light suddenly turns to full yellow and the charging stops. It appears to be initiated by the car and not by the charging unit. Any ideas anyone?
Thank you for help...

Ayuseva said:
Since a few days I cannot charge my e-golf at my home charging unit anymore: after about 2 minutes of charging (green light wave as usual), the light suddenly turns to full yellow and the charging stops. It appears to be initiated by the car and not by the charging unit. Any ideas anyone?
Thank you for help...

have you tried using a different charging unit? Does it only go yellow and turn off or does it also go red?

Could it be the same as the issue found earlier?

http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=482

Thank you for the two prompt responses so far!

1. DasCC: The light doesn't go red when I use my 30Amp dedicated wall charger (Type 2), only yellow after 1-2 minutes and then lights go out after a while. I am at the moment using the VW-supplied cable plugged into a normal wall socket and this is working fine. So, it looks like the car isn't the problem, but using a normal socket is not a solution for me, as I need the fast wall charger to do the job (4 hours instead of 12!)...

2. dublectric: Thank you for the link - this does read like my problem... However, if a change in voltage is the culprit, I wouldn't know how to check this. Does the voltage come back to its 'normal' range after some days or should I call my energy provider?

Apologies for possibly asking silly questions, but I really do not know my way around electricity...
Any further comments or ideas?
Thank you!

Back