Daylight Savings Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLS

I wanted to enable daylight savings time in my 2016 e-Golf SE. However, whenever I click the checkbox to enable it, it instantly unchecks it. So I just ended up changing the time off of GPS time and onto manual. Daylight savings button is still useless. Oh well, I just manually moves the time forward an hour. Anybody else having problems with daylight savings time on their e-Golf?

MLS said:
I wanted to enable daylight savings time in my 2016 e-Golf SE. However, whenever I click the checkbox to enable it, it instantly unchecks it. So I just ended up changing the time off of GPS time and onto manual. Daylight savings button is still useless. Oh well, I just manually moves the time forward an hour. Anybody else having problems with daylight savings time on their e-Golf?

I don't consider it worth the time typing about a 1 hour time change that takes 15 seconds to accomplish.

I did check the daylight savings box on my 2015 SEL infotainment center, and it works fine, FWIW. Car was bought October 6th, before Daylights savings was over. I don't remember setting it to Standard time, or if I unchecked the box or how I did it.

JoulesThief said:
I don't consider it worth the time typing about a 1 hour time change that takes 15 seconds to accomplish. I did check the box on my 2015 SEL infotainment center, and it works fine, FWIW.

But you do consider it worth the time to put down someone who seems to have a glitch in their car and is asking if anyone else is experiencing it... Wow. These forums are supposed to be a community. If you've got nothing constructive to add, add nothing.

GadgetGav said:
JoulesThief said:
I don't consider it worth the time typing about a 1 hour time change that takes 15 seconds to accomplish. I did check the box on my 2015 SEL infotainment center, and it works fine, FWIW.

But you do consider it worth the time to put down someone who seems to have a glitch in their car and is asking if anyone else is experiencing it... Wow. These forums are supposed to be a community. If you've got nothing constructive to add, add nothing.

/\ res ipsa loquitur Retirement has it's privileges.

GadgetGav said:
JoulesThief said:

Don't blame the forums on one bad seed. All he does is put people down and rarely adds any value to any of his many posts.

Mine updated on its own, presumably via GPS, one day late, even though it had been driven around in clear sky both days.

JoulesThief said:
GadgetGav said:
JoulesThief said:

/\ res ipsa loquitur Retirement has it's privileges.
But doesn't mean you have to be an #$$#o|€ :lol:
BTW, I changed my setting by turn Day light saving ON. The time didn't change until I switch the radio to Sirrus/XM (which made sense since the time adjust by satellite or gps).

After changing the time to manual and setting the clock, I came back to the car the next day and the time was off by 4 hours. I went into settings and now daylight savings time was magically selected! So I switched it back to GPS time and it stayed on DST and all is well. Just a one-day glitch apparently.

For those who enable time sync via GPS, make sure you select the proper time zone also. When I went to the menu, "Manual" mode was enabled, and when I switched it to "GPS" mode all of a sudden the clock moved forward by 7 hours as it was set to GMT.

Seems counterintuitive to need this setting as the car knows exactly where it is, but that's how VW has programmed it.

FWIW, I have mine set by GPS and I was able to check the box to move to daylight saving without issue.
If the OP is not able to select the checkbox, I'd suggest a trip to the dealer to get it fixed.

preilly44 said:
Don't blame the forums on one bad seed. All he does is put people down and rarely adds any value to any of his many posts.
I'm not blaming the forum, I come here despite him, not because of him. If only there were a way to filter users. At least there's no need to read his posts because it'll be "Do it my way" or "Read the manual"... :roll:

GadgetGav said:
preilly44 said:
I'm not blaming the forum, I come here despite him, not because of him. If only there were a way to filter users. At least there's no need to read his posts because it'll be "Do it my way" or "Read the manual"... :roll:
You can block users on this forum by clicking their profile and selecting "add foe" under their handle.

Verkehr said:
You can block users on this forum by clicking their profile and selecting "add foe" under their handle.
Huh, look at that... Thanks for the tip Verkehr.

I find it sad that you need a GPS to set the clock in your car. Maybe disable the geek features, and you'll have problems that are more intuitive to solve, like pushing an up arrow or a down arrow on a clock time setting, every 6 months, instead of stressing out and posting here on something so utterly simple even a clown should be able to do it. Unbelievable, the amount of time wasted by geeks on some trivial stuff.

Can any of you still navigate with a map, compass and orientation, instead of by GPS? Y'all are gonna be SOL if those satellites get knocked out without having a Faraday cage.

JoulesThief said:
I find it sad that you need a GPS to set the clock in your car. Maybe disable the geek features, and you'll have problems that are more intuitive to solve, like pushing an up arrow or a down arrow on a clock time setting, every 6 months, instead of stressing out and posting here on something so utterly simple even a clown should be able to do it. Unbelievable, the amount of time wasted by geeks on some trivial stuff.

Can any of you still navigate with a map, compass and orientation, instead of by GPS? Y'all are gonna be SOL if those satellites get knocked out without having a Faraday cage.

There's plenty of clocks in one's life for you to practice your clock-setting skills with, like the clock on your stove, the clock on your microwave, your analog watches, etc.

JoulesThief said:

If you go back and read the original post, MLS said they had an odd issue where checking the 'Daylight Saving Time' checkbox immediately got unchecked. Their fix, in the original post was "Oh well, I just changed it manually". The post wasn't about it being too hard for a "clown" to change the time, it was that the checkbox didn't respect the setting the OP was trying to make to it. It has nothing to do with "geek features" or being old school enough to navigate without GPS - it was about a bug in the infotainment system relating to daylight savings settings. Now, you could argue that a bug in the infotainment is not news, but the OP wasn't having a problem setting the time.

What's really unbelievable is the time you spend on here saying how much time others are wasting posting on here, but I guess that's the life of a troll. I should stop falling for it and use Verkehr's tip.

Back